Violent baby movements

Cat

Reaction score
Is this just me, last time round with Noah although he was very active generally it was a nice feeling having him move and seeing the bits of baby poke out at us, you could really feel him move around lots.

However this time round when bub decided to get a wriggle on you really know about it, and Im just just talking about the odd painfull poke in the ribs. Its inscruciatingly painfull! I end up going ridged and trying not to scream, my bump moves around very violently and freaks the hell out of OH, and Icant move and this can go on for 1/2 hour or so, while I just try to wrap my arms around my bump to hold in in place to stop the jaring movement, which can poke out a good few inches. I dont know if this is cause my stomach muscles are weaker now or just this baby is very strong, Iwondered if anyone else had experience of this, as its really disconcerting.

i went through it... the last 3 weeks was awful!!!!! i had lots of baths and rubbed my belly a lot and it helped but im afraid i dont know of anything else you can do

Cat i totally sympathise i swear this one trying to break out lol

Mention it to MW and tell them it getting to much!!

xxx

My bump reminds me of the Alien "chest buster" scene some days... and it gets particularly violent when I put on a specific Vivaldi track, not sure if that means he/she likes it or hates it though :rofl:

Most uncomfortable times for me are when I get poked down below though... it's like someone is sticking a finger in my pee hole :wacko: :blush:

My bump reminds me of the Alien "chest buster" scene some days... and it gets particularly violent when I put on a specific Vivaldi track, not sure if that means he/she likes it or hates it though :rofl:

Most uncomfortable times for me are when I get poked down below though... it's like someone is sticking a finger in my pee hole :wacko: :blush:

I remember that feeling! Frankie is a finger sucker and I'm sure that was ahat she was doing when I got that sensation.

I completely understand! For the past few evenings it seems this baby wants out through my belly button!

Same here and now I'm at 39 weeks every movement is agonising, I am constantly yelping at the pain.

I have very strong core muscles so I don't think that is the cause Cat - in fact I had wondered if the fact they have kept me so tight and compact is what makes every movement so noticeable?

I was originally planned for c/s and I was convinced they'd fins massive internal bruising when they opened me up!

I'm sure a few others here must also be getting that sensation when it feels like they punch through your cervix into your vagina? That one really scares me - I keep thinking my waters have broken!

Another awful pain is when it feels like LO is dragging fingernails across the inside of my tum - owweeeee! I have packed the nail clippers ready in the hospital bag!!

Bring back the days when LO used to gentle cartwheels in my spacious uterus...

I get this too and my mum doesn't believe that it's hurting me as she never felt anything like this with me! I then thought I must just have a really low pain threshold but when I mentioned it to MW she said that some babies can have a habit of scraping elbows/knees/fingernails across the inside of your bump and it can really take your breath away!

I always thought I was imagining the fingernails thing and that it might be muscles spasms etc, interesting to hear it could be LO shuffling about after all.

On the subject of mums, mine tried to give me a lesson is swaddling. I said there was no point since all this LO ever does is tap-dance and star-jumps and push-ups off my uterus walls and I can't see him/her taking favourable to being entrapped yet again!

Has anyone had the bunjee/body-dunk sensatation? Its when the baby appears to move up upwards then as hard and and fast as possible slams itself down onto the cervix? I've nearly toppled over with the force! My LO engaged breech at 31 weeks and I'm sure that was the cause. Since regaining freedom s/he's tried it a few more times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"