virgin tv etc

foxyroxie

Reaction score
whats it like?? looking at getting it when i move out :thumbup:

My mum just got it and she said she prefers it to Sky!

I've got it and can't fault it! Love the OnDemand service

i love it too. you need a V+ box though!

Going by my own experiences, and those of my friends, it seems to be pot luck as to which you prefer. We were initially with Telewest before it was bought by Virgin, and it was great. Then Virgin bought it, the service went downhill, and we left to go to Sky. Sky was ok, until we asked about getting a free Sky+ box, given that we'd been with them for a while, and that was what they were offering new customers. They wouldn't even give us a discount, so we left them, and went to Virgin (who gave us a free HD+ box and a very good package).

We're still with Virgin now, and have no problems with them. My friend found it the other way round, she had endless problems after getting Virgin installed, so after 27 out of her initial 28 day period, she told them to take it all out, and got Sky instead.

It really seems to depend what deal you get! What I'd say is only sign up for 12 months, and at around 11 months, look around to see what the "Other side" is doing in terms of deals ;) Always useful as a weapon to renegotiate your contract :rofl:

we had virgin in our old flat, but when we moved to our house here, we weren't able to have it. So we went for Sky+HD, and although a good bit more expensive, it's AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!!

OH never liked it

We just got rid of sky, sick of daily repeats and price just gone slowly up over last 18months.

i found their customer service disgusting and they cut my internet off for 3 months i phoned them LOADS and they told me it was my problem to buy a new comp so after being fed up of them i called back and told them i had a new comp and they said AH your internet is cut off have you not paid your bill?? of course i had paid it

they also told us we were in a contract for 2 years when infact it was only a year im with sky now but i do know people who have had no problems at all with them just not my personal favourite company xx

The On Demand service is brill and (imo) the choice of packages is better.

Plus, if you have a self-installation or a fault on your TV/phone, you might get through to ME! :haha:

We changed to virgin and i wish we had a V+ box but that costs more.

I love my sky + box, but sky prices were creeping up and up

virgin internet is ace... much prefer it. had the biggest nightmare getting it installed tho - but there customer service team were pretty good

i got it and i LOVE it!! its great and would recomend it to everyone! i have the v+ box an think its great love the on demand bit to been watching loads of things i missed lol

My sister got it and she said she is happy with the package,

i found that they "cut off" alot!! .... and say stuff like oh yeah sorry u have paid ure bill ... ARGH and! they break constantly! might just be my area tho! when i had it, it s was off more then it was on !! :) i have sky now ! much happier with sky x

ive never had my virgin cut off :shrug: So I think it might be an area issue.

im with virgin prefer it to sky the on demand is so much better than sky anytime fab for the baby or when i miss anything

if after a year you ring the termingate contract department they can review your account and see what offers you can get

i have v+ box down stairs normal upstairs the large phone and b'band and x large tv no sports or movies for £45 Which is loads cheaper than sky

Virgin Media was already installed in our flat when we 1st moved out almost 2 yrs ago. 3 homes later and we've stuck with it...always been impressed by the service & the engineers when they come to instal it.

I like it, not had may problems with it and when we have had some Virgin have been quick to fix it and helpful most of the time.

I'm with Virgin and i hate it. Can't wait to get sky back! You get more channels on Sky for the same price. Customer Services is pretty crap. Thye kept hanging up on me when my internet wasnt working, or saying they would call me back (never did) and they can NEVER seem to find my details and it takes them about an hour each time! Urgh.

I'm going back to Sky the minute my contract is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->