• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Virtually no sperm

HappyTrying

Reaction score
My husband and I met with his urologist today. He has had 2 semen analysis, both have come back with virtually no sperm (3). He did an ultrasound today to make sure there was no blockage from his prostate or other glands - there was not. Now, we have to wait until JULY 1st to meet with another urologist who specializes in male infertility.:cry:

I was hoping to find out if anyone else has had this happen, and what the out come has been. Is there any hope for us to conceive (with assistance) using his sperm? Any ideas what this could be? Today's appointment just raised more questions rather than giving us any answers. The dr. just gave us a long list of things that could be done, all depending on what the problem is.

Thank you for any feedback.

Didn't want to read and run... but don't know much.

Would love to know how it all works out for you... my OH sees a urologist for other stuff, and a few years ago, when OH wasn't looking for kids, the guy said something about a cyst... now I'm terrified it's going to end up being a problem... OH will see him probably mid-July.

FXed for you, that the next urologist has some positive answers for you...

:dust:

Hi Sweetie,

I'm sorry to hear that. We experience something similar in March when we went for our IUI. DH had a vasectomy reversal in Dec and we found sperm in our first SA. When we went for our IUI the dr. told us there was no sperm not even one even dead. I put him on vitamins and fertility blend. A month later we found 4 million but they were not moving. We are still hoping it will get better with time. I'm sorry its awful to hit a wall. Sending you :hugs::hugs: and hope they give you an answer soon!

My RE said that even if there is virtually no sperm in the SA, there still is a good chance there is sperm in the testes. They can perform procedures to get sperm from there but they are usually used in conjunction with IVF.

You can try IVF, ICSI. ICSI is where they take the individual sperm and put it directly into the egg!

How awesome to have that technology available.

HappyBunnyAB - what vitamins and fertility blend has your husband been taking?

Thank you for all the replies, any information is helpful.

I was hoping there if there were sperm in the testes we could do IUI, but I cannot seem to find anything online that says thats possible. I don't know if we will ever have enough money for IVF (Don't really know the cost, just have heard is lots and lots. We live in upstate NY).

So sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm glad your doctor felt there were lots of options to try so this most definitely isn't the end of the road for you. It only takes one egg and one sperm. :hugs: Fingers crossed for you.

HappyBunnyAB - what vitamins and fertility blend has your husband been taking?

Thank you for all the replies, any information is helpful.

I was hoping there if there were sperm in the testes we could do IUI, but I cannot seem to find anything online that says thats possible. I don't know if we will ever have enough money for IVF (Don't really know the cost, just have heard is lots and lots. We live in upstate NY).

Check your insurance policy. Some insurances will pay partial.

I dont know the answer but just wanted to say sorry to hear the news! Good luck!

My dh has same problem . He has zero sperm count and no blockage. He has 3 analasys and all came back blank. They first did blood work to check his hormones which were fine,also an u\s and was fine. We finally did a testicular biopsy and die test for blockage. Both came back good. So he has an unexplained infertility azoospermia. I figure it give u an idea on what to expect. Hopefully its not ur same case but check with insurance cause without it cost us over 10k and ivf is about 15k but there is a program called atain and u can donate ur eggs and it will reduce the cost to about 5k. That's all out of pocket with NO insurance and apx. Hope this info helps. Gl

Thank you everyone for your responses. Any information is so helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"