• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Virus Popup

A

amjon

I've had a page I'm pretty sure is a virus (says you're computer has been infected, click here to clean) that ONLY pops up randomly when I'm on this site. I've backed out of it and ran my virus scan (which came up clean). Is anyone else getting this?

I've had a page I'm pretty sure is a virus (says you're computer has been infected, click here to clean) that ONLY pops up randomly when I'm on this site. I've backed out of it and ran my virus scan (which came up clean). Is anyone else getting this?

That happened to me two days ago. I ended up having my husband completely wipe my computer. This was AFTER I ran my virus scan and it came up clean too. I was so disturbed and thought my computer was getting hacked. :wacko:

It's happened to me a few times, I just exit out of b&b, weird though!

I have had 2 high security risks alert from norton of someone trying to hack into my computer - only while on bnb. I ran a full scan and norton says it blocked the attemped hack. The bnb screen turned grey both times with a white box in the middle saying to clean my computer so I shut the page down.

Some more information from the alert would be helpful and the page you were on when you got the alert please ladies.

BnB has never had a virus but alerts can alarm off (falsely which is why you get a clean scan result) from pictures in signatures etc

I'm not the expert on finding out the source but your information will definitely help me grab someone who can help :D

I think it's been mainly when I've rolled over the side ads, but not clicked on them and they weren't for virus protection or anything related.

I just had this again, I was in a thread in third tri (I think.)

It said the type of threat was "exploit rogue scanner type 1929"

I had this a couple times last week but don't remember what I was looking at, probably baby club. One time last year I had the same popup but it crashed my computer. Can't remember if I was on BnB when it happened, I don't know

Virus alerts can be associated with peoples images in signatures. Our ads do not have virus'.

If you could post the page you were on it is possible we can locate the offender which again is unlikely to be a virus... it is really annoying when it happens though.

Got it today when I clicked on the link for this thread (nothing else).
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1756135-22weeks-question.html

I got a virus alert from my anti-virus program today (I've gotten it before too, but only today remembered to look where I was). I had been in a thread (second tri - jobs w/customers). But the alert came up after I had gone back onto the second trimester forum page. I was not in an actual post at the time.

I've experienced this twice in the last week or so. I war replying to a post and I pressed post and then I had the pop-up. First time it happened, I clicked on the window and had to run anti-virus but the second time I knew better and did CTRL+ALT+DELETE.

Links and screen shots are the only way I can continue to help. The name of the thread is vague, there are thousands of threads per day.

I am more than sure there is no virus just a precaution which can happen on certain images even on my own virus detector.

You say a 'window'... again there is no screen shot. This window is likely to have come up with your anti virus program?

If you are further concerned run your virus checker but gaining some more information would be very handy. Run your virus scanner in the mean time and I am guessing you will be clear. :D

Last 3 days I've got a pop up message telling me I have a virus and wanting me to run a clean up program...which I know is the actual virus since I have a very good security system on my computer. It's happening in the pregnancy - 2nd tri forum and last time it happened was a few minutes ago when I clicked in the the post title about making swaddle blankets. So annoying as I have to go offline to get rid of the pop up message.

I'm in 3rd tri and this keeps happening to me too!

Links and screen shots are the only way I can continue to help. The name of the thread is vague, there are thousands of threads per day.

I am more than sure there is no virus just a precaution which can happen on certain images even on my own virus detector.

You say a 'window'... again there is no screen shot. This window is likely to have come up with your anti virus program?

If you are further concerned run your virus checker but gaining some more information would be very handy. Run your virus scanner in the mean time and I am guessing you will be clear. :D
It was NOT my antivirus that popped up. It looked like a phish "anti-virus" popup that is really a virus itself. It IS coming from this site somewhere. I've ONLY had it from here.

I was going in to the thread "so... what now??" on the Third Trimester board and got this popup again, too. Attached is a screen shot.

(This has happened to me several times in the last couple weeks, and yeah - only on this site. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which threads cause it to pop up.)

Attachments

• virus.jpg
    virus.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 14
I had one from this thread. Then I had one the first day I joined but do not remember which thread.

I agree, this is NOT from your own virus scanner. This is a virus that is trying to get you to think it is yours, so when you click it (as it is in the browser, not an actual pop-up) and access your information and computer.

My OH, a computer programmer, says it is from the ads or someone has hacked the site.

It was NOT my antivirus that popped up. It looked like a phish "anti-virus" popup that is really a virus itself. It IS coming from this site somewhere. I've ONLY had it from here.

I am not sure why you feel the need to capitalise (shout) some of the words. As you provided little information I could only take a guess this may be the case.

As I have explained it can come from images placed in signatures... and although are not a threat can trigger some anti-virus programs. I have acknowledged this and did not suggest it was not something triggering from the forum somewhere.

As I stated previously a screenshot would be very handy. This isn't my area so I can only at this time hope for further information to pass on.

-

Taybear I would appreciate it if you would not add second-hand information onto the topic while we try and obtain further information and look into the problem. Previous and similar issues have not been any of those you mention but of course we want to identify it.

To note I have an anti-virus and have no alerts, which makes it harder to identify with little information.

We will get to the bottom of it I assure you :D

It only happens to me when I click on a thread. It's happened at least 4 times in the last few days. I will take a screen shot next time it does. But I know it's definitely not from our virus protection. It's from the site itself and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"