Vit B6

Brynden

Reaction score
Hey ladies - I took vit B6 (50 mg) daily to lengthen my luteal phase while trying to get pregnant - I'm not almost 5 weeks and have continued to take it..anyone know if this is safe for the baby or not? I've heard that it helps with progesterone so that's why I'm still taking it... but now I'm scared that maybe it's not safe for the baby... Any ideas?

Here's a good article on how much you need and why you should take it :)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_vitamin-b6-in-your-pregnancy-diet_666.bc

Thanks robinator! It says there that the max safe dosage is 100mg for women who are pregnant so I think I could probably keep taking the 50mg... I just don't want my progesterone to suddenly drop if I stop taking them... I miscarried in January and don't wanna do anything that would cause that again...

I took 100mg vit b6 all throughout my first pregnancy and bfing, and am continuing to take it now. Just talked to my doc yesterday and she said it's absolutely safe...in fact, if you have bad ms, one of the drugs they prescribe you is called diclectin (?) and it's basically just b6 anyhow.

Yes! I stopped taking it when TTC because they put me on Clomid, but it is often used to treat morning sickness, and is just fine! They told me anything up to 300 mg, it didn't help me so I stopped taking it again, but it is safe for baby so don't worry!

Oh good :) then I'll keep taking it!! Thanks ladies!!!

My prenatals have 100mg b6 in them, so it must be safe? :) Helps with morning sickness too I heard!

Ya that's what I've heard too just didn't think doctors gave that much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->