Vit D3--Our Miracle Drug!!

sfaulk1

Me, DH, DS
Reaction score
So basically, my husband and I had been TTC since October 2011. I have PCOS and knew it would be hard to get pregnant. Long story short: My fertility dr had my vit d levels checked. Turns out, my levels were low (29). She put me on Maximum D3 (you can buy this over the counter without a prescription, though I suggest talking with your dr first) 20,000 iu weekly. I conceived 1 month after supplementing!

Please talk to your dr's about your vitamin d level, ladies :)

Congratulations! Good on your doctor for checking your levels!

That was my first big step too in OCT I had mine checked it had just turned 3 years ttc. Mine was a 14 :( I've been on prescribed 50k a week, its now 6 month's and at 36 but she still wants me taking the 50k but also an extra 15k over the counter once a week. My DH just his vita D checked and his was a 10!! :( So he's on the same!

I agree... my levels were low - 44 and my fertility doc put me on 20,000 iu too...it zoomed to 93 and I conceived (had other support meds too)

Bear in mind the NHS levels of "normal" and other fertility docs differ. Zita West won't consider IVF without levels of around 80 - 100.

Rach x

I've had several chemical pregnancies and have had several blood tests by my RE. My Vitamin D levels were also at a 29 and so I'm waiting to hear back from him on how much supplements to take to raise that.
I wonder if it has played a part in my chemical pregnancies. I've heard that Vitamin D has a lot to do with implantation....

When I asked my GP for a blood test to check my thyroid they also checked my vitamin d levels and found that I was deficient. She didn't tell me my level and just told me to take 1000iu for about 3 months. I take D3 as well as a conception multi vit that has 600iu. Now I'm wondering if I should up my dose.

My job is such that I never go outside during the day. During the winter months I literally don't see daylight so I wasn't surprised I was deficient.

Hi everyone! Me and hubby have been trying for three years now for our lil bean, and aside from my miscarriage June 2013 at 4 weeks I have yet to become pregnant still. Just recently we went to doc and had our physicals done. I also found out my health was great but I did have a vitamin d deficiency which wasn't surprising due to me never being long outside in the sun. I was told to supplement on 2000 i.u a day for three months. Me being the person I am I came home and searched hard online about vit D deficiency and to my surprise I found that it can effect your fertilty. I then thought that's my reason maybe that's why I'm not conceiving. So I started on the supplements right away. I should also mention that d3 Is the best vitamin supplement to get. So now it's been three weeks now that I've been supplementing so far. Fingers are crossed and hoping this makes the difference.

So glad I found this thread. My doctor recently put me on D2 as I am severely deficient. I looked it up and D deficiency has across the board been named as a factor in infertility etc. I have had 4 chemicals since TTC for the last 4 years. I've been on the D2 for a month plus now and I am now so far as I can tell 5 weeks along. I have had the first test yesterday come up as a positive but it looked funny so I thought it was a fluke. I did another this morning at 5:15 am after about 4.5 hours sleep and got another positive that was very faint. I couldn't help it and I did another at 9 pm tonight and got a same very faint positive. The hubby and I picked up a couple digitals today from Rite Aid so I'll test again in the morning. I am positive I'm preggo this time and I'm a week late!

We had actually stopped TTC for the last 6 months and I barely kept track of my cycle day 1 and ovulation days. I haven't been using my clear blue monitor at all. I thought yesterday that's odd I haven't had my period and I thought it was due right about then so I checked my chart I keep and thought holy crap I'm late. So I tested and the story went on from there.

I've had unexplained weight gain, tiredness causing a need for napping, slight nausea starting today, bloating, faint cramping all over my abdomen area (not enough to hurt, just enough to feel them) off and on for the last 2 days now, slightly sore girls with veins starting to show (though they don't really feel swollen or full yet).

The hubby doesn't want to say it out loud yet but we both agree all signs are saying mini me on board. I firmly believe it already. So I've started back on my calcium and prenatal vitamins again as well.

I swear it's the D2 the doctor put me on. My level was a screaming low 14.7, less than half the lowest normal of 31, highest being 100, I was told by my patient coordinator.

The hubby is a retired GP and doesn't think a 5 week range of being on the D2 is enough to help but I swear that's what made the difference this time!

I've been dying to find someone to talk to about this pregnancy. I'm really happy but will continue to test and call the doctor probably tomorrow to ask about a scan and blood test to confirm.

Update: Still maintaining along. 11 More sleeps and we get to have our high risk doctor do our consult and do a 6 week ultrasound! We go in in the morning of the 16th of this month. My symptoms are still progressing normally and my morning sickness wasn't too bad today at all. I had a few dry heaves but otherwise I did well. Been in and out of bed napping and resting but so far so good! I hope the rest of you ladies are doing well too!

Update: Still maintaining along. 11 More sleeps and we get to have our high risk doctor do our consult and do a 6 week ultrasound! We go in in the morning of the 16th of this month. My symptoms are still progressing normally and my morning sickness wasn't too bad today at all. I had a few dry heaves but otherwise I did well. Been in and out of bed napping and resting but so far so good! I hope the rest of you ladies are doing well too!

HI there!! Just wanted to follow up and see how your appointment with your doctor went!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->