Vitamin B-6?

sweetbliss89

Reaction score
Has anyone used B-6 to help with nausea? I was researching and read that it can help. I called my OB/gyn and the receptionist asked one of the nurses and she said that it is safe for me to take (I haven't been seen there yet). They didn't specify how much though. I was thinking of starting off with like 25 mg twice each day. I've been reading that it is recommended 3x a day but then I read that too much can have side effects.
Anyone have experience or success with B-6?

I started taking B6 when TTC to lengthen my luteal phase and it worked. I read advice on the internet to keep taking it once i got my BFP so thats what i've done. I've been taking 100mg daily, apparently only over 200mg could there be side effects. I dont know if its related but I really havent suffered with nausea much at all this pregnancy.

According to the pregnancy book my doctor gave me, you aren't supposed to take more than 75 mg of B6 in one day. I did start taking it when my nausea started. But it didn't help. I am on zofran now. But what I have noticed is that B6 is very helpful when I take it with my zofran. The zofran keeps me from throwing up and then the B6 takes the extra edge of the nausea off. Also, eating raw carrots really makes the nausea go away.

I take it! I take one tablet (100mg) per day. It has taken the edge off from the nausea.

I'm going to start with 25 mg 2x per day. They only had 100 mg tablets at the store so I got that and I'm just cutting them into quarter pieces. How long did it take you all to notice it helping?

I started feeling better the very next day. I guess it works on some of us and others not so much. Maybe the degree of sickness has something to do with it. I've definitely felt much better. This was the first pregnancy I have tried this with as well. Hoping you have similar helpful effects!

I take 100 mg a day, you take it with unisom for it's full effectiveness.

Ask your doc for diclegis. Takes the guess work out of dosage, combines it with unisom. It does help take the edge off.

My doctor just put me on Doxlamine (B-6 and Unisom) to help with my constant nausea but she told me that it can take up to a week to see any relief. Just be careful on how much you take. :)

B6 was great during my first pregnancy. I think I took about 25 mg every six hours or so about a total of three times a day. You'll know when the med starts to wear off.

I also swear by SeaBands or other acupressure bands that you wear around your wrist to help with nausea. If I took them off to shower I felt ill by the time I was done. That said I never threw up but I certainly deal did feel crappy many hours of the day during the first few months. I was on progesterone supplementation which probably didn't help.

I tried Zofran for the nausea but that just made me incredibly constipated and made everything worse. I suppose if I was throwing up a lot it may have helped.

Unisom helped a little but it made me too tired to use during the day.

Best of luck and happy and healthy nine months.

I had nausea with my first pregnancy (and am a bit emetophobic, which doesn't help) and my OB's office suggested 25mg B6 twice a day (morning and night) and half a Unisom before bed. It really helped! I'm only 3w4d right now with my second and already feeling nauseous, so this morning I started doing 25mg B6 again (I'll hold off on the Unisom until I feel worse).

I went to get my Diclegis filled today. It was going to be $50 for the prescription. I asked the pharmacist if there was anything that I could take that is similar. He said that Diclegis is basically 10mg of B6 & an unisom pill that you buy over-the-counter. And his pharmacy tech is pregnant too & she told me that she was on Diclegis but now she takes the B6 & unisom and can't tell a difference. I, however, have not done my own research (and I asked my OB to call me in some Zofran) but it seems to me B6 has a positive effect on morning sickness.

-P

My mw told me to take b6 and drink ginger tea. But i drink ginger ale instead.
I was going to ask for meds but I read meds cause more risk of cleft. So I'd rather stick it out and go with the vitamin b6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->