Vitamin B6 / Complex - MG for lengthening LP? [QUESTIONS]

L

Lost7

Hello all.

I usually have an 11 day LP, with AF sometimes starting on 11dpo, sometimes it's spotting. This cycle (first after 8th Miscarriage) I had a 10 day LP.

I am looking at starting vitamin B6 as I've read (and been advised) this can naturally lengthen my LP and hopefully result in a BFP with our rainbow.

I naturally have a few questions though.

Firstly, what kind of MG's should I take? I'm looking at 50mg or 100mg. Ideally want to start low but wanting advice, if you took a lower or higher dose and got your BFP - what worked for you? (I realise it may not work for me but I'd like to know what worked for the majority).

Secondly, should I get just B6, or a complex? I looked at some today and some came with magnesium too, some were a complex and some were just the B6.

Thirdly, what (if any) are the side effects of taking B6? Is there any signs that I should look out for and discontinue use?

I'm going to go and get some tomorrow, so ideally would like input fairly quickly (lol, no pressure there then!)

I really appreciate any help, support and advice given, this is our 8th cycle and I realise that some people are trying for years for a BFP, but having just had a Miscarriage (my 8th loss) we really are keen to chase our chance of a rainbow. It's incredibly difficult for us at the moment as the grief and pain is raw, but we feel ready to be TTC, we've had an in depth conversation about it.

Thank you <3

I started vitamin B complex a week ago. I take 100mg. My LP was 5 days after a miscarriage and breastfeeding my 2y old. I'm 38 years old. I'll keep you updated. Do you do the same? I wonder what the experience with these vitamins are. Do they work fast?

Hello all.

I usually have an 11 day LP, with AF sometimes starting on 11dpo, sometimes it's spotting. This cycle (first after 8th Miscarriage) I had a 10 day LP.

I am looking at starting vitamin B6 as I've read (and been advised) this can naturally lengthen my LP and hopefully result in a BFP with our rainbow.

I naturally have a few questions though.

Firstly, what kind of MG's should I take? I'm looking at 50mg or 100mg. Ideally want to start low but wanting advice, if you took a lower or higher dose and got your BFP - what worked for you? (I realise it may not work for me but I'd like to know what worked for the majority).

Secondly, should I get just B6, or a complex? I looked at some today and some came with magnesium too, some were a complex and some were just the B6.

Thirdly, what (if any) are the side effects of taking B6? Is there any signs that I should look out for and discontinue use?

I'm going to go and get some tomorrow, so ideally would like input fairly quickly (lol, no pressure there then!)

I really appreciate any help, support and advice given, this is our 8th cycle and I realise that some people are trying for years for a BFP, but having just had a Miscarriage (my 8th loss) we really are keen to chase our chance of a rainbow. It's incredibly difficult for us at the moment as the grief and pain is raw, but we feel ready to be TTC, we've had an in depth conversation about it.

Thank you <3

I just started both a b6 and a complex, alongside loads of other things and it has moved everything forward, which is what I wanted. CM is occuring earlier, opks are darker earlier, so hopefully my LP will be longer. Last month I didnt have a luteal phase, but it was my first cycle after BC. Will update with how this month went.

I started vitamin B complex a week ago. I take 100mg. My LP was 5 days after a miscarriage and breastfeeding my 2y old. I'm 38 years old. I'll keep you updated. Do you do the same? I wonder what the experience with these vitamins are. Do they work fast?

Hiya, I purchased some 50mg tablets as there was no 100mg in stock and I am taking two a day. I've heard if you start taking them early in your cycle then will help, ideally CD1. I've started yesterday though and will let you know what LP this cycle has!

I just started both a b6 and a complex, alongside loads of other things and it has moved everything forward, which is what I wanted. CM is occuring earlier, opks are darker earlier, so hopefully my LP will be longer. Last month I didnt have a luteal phase, but it was my first cycle after BC. Will update with how this month went.

I was taking multi vitamins but they didn't help so I've quit them and take folic acid and now B6 separately.
Good luck for this month, I will report back with how my LP went with my first month on B6.

I am thinking of trying this when af shows when do we start this in our cycle ? I might go for the vit b6 complex 100

I am thinking of trying this when af shows when do we start this in our cycle ? I might go for the vit b6 complex 100

Take it asap hun, CD1 ideally. I didn't have any for my CD1, though started as soon as I got some. I'm noticing constipation, not sure whether that's a side effect of the B6 or not though! Good luck... I'll report back what (if any) success I have, I've heard great things. Could be coincidence but many people conceive the first month of trying it - so fingers crossed for us!

Got superdrug vit B6 50mg
So will start today then!
Good luck :bfp:

Following!
I just started taking B6 B12 complex and a vitamin D last night. I haven't gotten my period in 16 months and I have been told that B6 can help to regulate your hormones. So hopefully it does just that! :flower:

Good luck ladies! :) Fingers crossed for us all!
I'm also trying pre-seed this month, conceived with balance activ before but miscarried.

Where is everyone else in their cycles? Have you B6 users noticed it's brought ovulation forward? I'm CD10 today and have the odd twinge to suggest I may O earlier? I've tested with OPK's and are negative but I swear it's more of a line than I usually get this early into my cycle!

Still got constipation too :oops: Anyone else?

Hey. I am cd15 and I am actually having signs of ovulation. Been having pains in the ovary area for the last 3 days and opks are getting darker, alongside changes in cm. Massive improvement as I didnt have any signs that my body was gearing up to ovulate last cycle.

But as I said previously, I am taking ALOT of vits and minerals to regulate my cycle after depo.

Not currently experiencing constipation. Prune juice will sort that right out. Horrible stuff, but it works a treat.

Woo hoo for ovulation - fingers crossed! Keep testing! :)

Thank you... I will have to try something... :D

I am on CD15 and have no signs of ovulation on my OPK's. But... since a few days cramps low in my belly and also some cm. But thats not yet the cm I get when I ovulate. I keep testing! And I have some constipation too. I also added a high dose of vtamin C and I take maca.

I'm CD11 I think now. Constipated still.
Been having some pre-O cramps (don't usually have these). OPK is LOW. IC OPK is negative. I usually ovulate around CD15-18 so still a while to wait yet. Fingers crossed!

I'm cd 20 today and just ov yesterday/today

Started everything late in my cycle as I thought I ov on May 2nd!

I started temp today and Opks just over a wk and got a real good positive but then this again today!

Is it to late to start taking 50mg B6 today or shall I wait and see how I go this mth first? :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm on CD22 now and got a line for 2 days on a row on my opk. But they are not as dark as the control yet... I hope they will be darker fast!

I would just start with the B vitamins. Unless you are curious about the lenght of this cycle without.

I'm cd 20 today and just ov yesterday/today

Started everything late in my cycle as I thought I ov on May 2nd!

I started temp today and Opks just over a wk and got a real good positive but then this again today!

Is it to late to start taking 50mg B6 today or shall I wait and see how I go this mth first? :confused:

Did you get the positive a week ago? That one is close to positive but I'd say negative... I guess B6 can't hurt to start it now.. Though it may not be as effective!

I'm on CD22 now and got a line for 2 days on a row on my opk. But they are not as dark as the control yet... I hope they will be darker fast!

I would just start with the B vitamins. Unless you are curious about the lenght of this cycle without.

Wow, 2 days! Woo hoo, get BD'ing! Your surge is definitely coming, as is mine I hope.

I'm CD13 (I VLOGged yesterday on YT) and had LOW on my CB monitor. I got another low this morning with FMU but SMU IC looked hopeful. I'm hoping B6 helps me ovulate a little earlier, usually it's CD15-18/19. Fingers crossed I'll ovulate on CD15 at the latest... also fingers crossed it's a longer LP leading to a BFP!

Good luck ladies, P.s still constipated! :oops:

Good luck for you all! This was my latest opk, still not darker. But I do have cramps!

Attachments

• 20150512_225213.jpg
    20150512_225213.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583