Vitamin B6 / Complex - MG for lengthening LP? [QUESTIONS]

Well. I must say I am CD14 and usually getting highs by now. I have very worryingly done a google search and SOME B6 users claim it delays or even stops ovulation all together! Ovulation is controlled by a rise in Estrogen, B6 lowers estrogen, Therefore your estrogen level must fight the B6 to ovulate - if that makes any kind of sense.

I'm confused now as to what to do. Do I continue but lower the dose to 50mg, or do I keep going at 100mg, or do I quit all together?

Last cycle I had a weird mid cycle bleed and I did ovulate on CD23 (much much later than usual). It is the second cycle since miscarriage - so a late ovulation MAY be to do with that. Not necessarily B6.

Interested to hear all your views ladies...

Just an update.

I have ovulated and am now 6DPO. So I have gone from no luteal phase, to 6 days (so far) in one month. I am definitely continuing to take my B6 and B complex for the following months until I conceive.

I will report back when I am on CD 1 to confirm how long my luteal phase was.

Just an update.

I have ovulated and am now 6DPO. So I have gone from no luteal phase, to 6 days (so far) in one month. I am definitely continuing to take my B6 and B complex for the following months until I conceive.

I will report back when I am on CD 1 to confirm how long my luteal phase was.

Wow, that look promising!

I am also reporting back with news.
After I halved my dose for one day (50mg) I was still getting lows and I know it would take a while for it to come back out of my system.
Today, I am CD17 (last cycle I O'd on CD23). I woke up to a low O on my CB monitor.
I went out all day and forgot about the heartbreaking fact I may not ovulate this cycle. I came home and peed on a stick and as soon as the dye went up the IC I could see the positive coming out. I knew that test was going to be positive - and it is. I then did a CB monitor to confirm - PEAK. Usually you're supposed to get a high before a peak - but I'm not complaining. Just glad to be finally ovulating.

We have just BD'd with pre-seed (first time using PS this cycle).
I will not be classing tomorrow as 1dpo since I am not temping, I will be classing Monday 18th May as 1dpo and will be testing around 27th May and I have plenty of pregnancy tests, to date I have 3 CB plus HPT's, 6 FRER, 1 midstream, 1 cassette and around 30 IC HPT's.

PEAK - Positive! yay for ovulation!

Yay!:thumbup:

Good luck with waiting!

I think I am 5 days dpo now (if my 2 almost positives were near ovulation) and having terrible sore nipples. Woke up not feeling well this night, having a heavy feeling low in my belly and some cramps. Would this be my almost menstruation? Or the start of a pregnancy?

My last two cycles I had a 9 day LP. I'm on CD4 and just started taking 100mg B6 along with my regular B-Complex (which only has 5mg of B6 in it), and I'm taking 2000mg of Evening Primrose (only up to O day). I'm hoping that adding those two will help lengthen my LP. I'll let you know how it goes this time around.

Has anyone experienced B6 or Evening Primrose changing Ovulation? In both my previous cycles I O on CD30 and CD26, respectively (and then had only a 9day LP). I'd really like my O day to move up. I'm wondering if the vitamins can do that?

I took EPO a few cycles back, up to ovulation. (You don't take it after O).
It didn't mess up my ovulation.

This is the first cycle with B6 and I only took it up until CD13. I have now ovulated, therefore I have re-started taking it.

Good luck to you ladies!

The waiting is hard this time! Because I want to know how long my LP is and also don't want to know because I want to be and stay pregnant!

I'm with you! I am forever peeing on IC's at something stupid like 3-4dpo just to get that want of POAS out of my system.
Going to really try hard to test at 9-10dpo this cycle and not earlier. This was our first cycle using pre-seed, hope it's worth the price tag.

Fingers crossed for you! :D

I test all the time too while I know I'm too early! How many dpo are you now?

Keeping fingers crossed for both of us and all the others here!

3dpo today, Bought more HPT's yesterday! Just counted the ones I have so far... 63!

I have:

6 x FRER
3 x CB Plus
5 x CB / Generic Digital
1 x CB with conception indicator
31 x IC HPT (One Step)
16 x IC Midstreams
1 x IC Cassette

Just have a sudden urge to start POAS but I must wait! It's far too early, I hate this waiting game!

8 dpo today! But I don't have sore nipples anymore? I do have 3 days of a bad headache... That is a pms sign? But the cramps are still there.

9dpo and bleeding, so no testing... But 2 days more LP! So next month....

i have a 26 day cycle and i would ovulate on CD21 so my lp was only 5 days my fertility doctor put me on Letrozole this cycle and i ovulated on may 11 or 12th and i am on cycle day 21 now and i am 9 dpo if this helps i have not taken b6 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->