Vitamin B6 - Let's talk.

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by AppleSeed, Oct 29, 2008.

1. AppleSeed

AppleSeed TTC #1 Since July 2008

Was reading in my book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" about the benefits of vitamin B6 and they reccommend taking between 100mg to 800mg to lengthen your luteal phase - anyone doing this? What are you taking for dose? I notice that there is already a small amount in my prenatal vitamin - so I don't want to take too much. They say that an be toxic if taken in too high of dosage.

Also wondering - if you get your :bfp: - did you cut back on the B6 to just your dose in the vitamin? Or did you continue with the dosage?

Would love to hear anything you have to say about this.

2. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

I wondered about this, too. I've started taking 50mg plus the 10mg in my vitamin this cycle to try to lengthen my LP as I read people have success with that amount. If it doesn't make a dfference I'll up it to 100mg and go from there. I didn't want to start with a huge dose - and to be honest, even this amount has turned my pee neon yellow!

I think once I got a BFP I'd drop to just the amount in my pg vitamin.

3. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

Like Becstar, I'm taking 50mg plus the 10mg in my prenatal. I don't know if it's helped lengthen my luteal phase (11-12 days), but my CM was much more abundant than usual in the days leading up to my O. I'll report back in ~12 days :)

4. MayMay

MayMay assisted TTC-male factor

ooh... I'm taking materna and it only has 1.8mgs!!! My baby is gonna be deformed! Just kiddin'!!! But seriously... should I up it? or would my diet cover the rest?

5. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

Good luck hun!:hugs:

6. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

MayMay, I don't think you need to up it if you are not trying to lengthen your luteal phase. I'm sure your prenatal has enough for most women. Your baby would not be deformed if you did not take it.

7. AppleSeed

AppleSeed TTC #1 Since July 2008

I bought some this evening - they are 100mg pills. Will start taking them this evening. I am currently CD6.

8. interaura

interaura Active Member

I started taking this last month - but my pills are only 10mg. My cycle changed quite dramatically, but I'm not sure if it was coincidence or as a result of the vitamin. I usually have a 30 day cycle and ovulate on day 20. The cycle just gone, I had a 33 day cycle and ovulated on day 17, so increased my luteal phase by 6 days. I'll have to wait until this cycle is a bit further along to see whether it was a fluke or not though, as it was a weird cycle in other ways too.