Vitamin D Supplement Suggestions

SarahBear

Reaction score
Violet is 5 and we live in an area where vitamin D supplements are recommended for all kids. I have never given them to my kids, but I probably should... Anyway, the last I looked, I found supplements for adults in gel cap form, but all of the kid supplements are in chewable form. All of the chewables are made with high fructose corn syrup and other weird ingredients. I don't want to give my child unhealthy ingredients in order to give her vitamin D. Why can't they just have capsules at a child's dose? I assume the adult doses would be too high. She is perfectly capable of swallowing pills as she swallows Depakote capsules twice a day, every day. Suggestions?

Edit:
Hm....
https://www.webmd.com/children/news/20080528/kids-may-need-10-times-more-vitamin-d#1

Perhaps giving her an adult supplement isn't such a bad idea. Or even maybe just give her one every 3 days? OK, perhaps I didn't need to make a thread about this! How about this, do you give your kids supplements? What sort?

My kids take Jamieson Baby-D, it's flavourless and they just get a drop of it on a spoon, both have been taking it daily since birth. They also make one for older kids that is more of a multivitamin.

I just give Maria the normal pills that she swallows with water, didn't actually think about the dosage!

How about cod liver oil? That has vit D in but shouldn't have any unwanted ingredients (well apart from the nasty taste!)

Yeah... I wasn't even going to bother with that because of the taste. I haven't done it yet, but I think I'll just give her the capsule every few days.

She's been having some mood issues... I know some of it is normal 5 year old stuff, but perhaps the supplement will help...

I work in a supplement company and we provide vitamin D in different strengths for adults and children. I take them myself and so does my son, they definitely help!

We also have a great range of probiotics and multi vitamins for children and adults too! I found they help a lot with coughs and colds that come hand in hand with school age.

If you would like me to send you the link let me know :)

I found an adult supplement that was in a small gell capsule and intended to be given twice a day. I have my kids take it once a day and my three year old easily swallows it. Violet has a daily medication for her epilepsy, so she is used to swallowing pills without issue. This seems to work well for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->