vitamin drops?

jenkins

Reaction score
hv came today and said LO should have vitamin drops from 6 months. I asked why and she said it's just recommended, so i asked why and she said its just recommended............you can imagine - me looking at her like she's daft and her looking at me like i'm an alien:rofl:

anyhoooooosss are they necessary? he is ff and we're gonna do blw?

tia :flower:

I don't think they're necessary, I have never been recommended them, Lucas was ff and BLW and has never had them :)

I dont think they are necessary! I know BF babies iron stores can get low by 6 months but there is iron in formula. we never used them. Good that she gave you some justification for her recommendation :haha:

Linky here https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/en/fe/vitamin_supplement_recommendations.html

I was told to use them because there is little sunshine in bonnie scotland so that may mean some babies may have vit d deficiency x

We are told to use them til 5, prem or not

My pediatrician recommended I give Kenneth vitamin D drops, but he's BF. I think that she said vitamin D isn't necessary if FF.

I asked my health visitor about this the other day and she was about as helpful as yours by the sound of it lol. She did say they are now saying FF babies should have vitamins now as well as BF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->