vitamins/supplements?

Jessica.Love

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has any tips on any vitamins/supplements to boost chances of conception?

and what are peoples thoughts on cutting out caffeine while ttc? that's pretty scary to me :coffee: Its my saviour.

thanks in advance :winkwink:

I just take a prenatal. But the biggest thing would just to make sure you are getting folic acid.

As far as caffeine I wouldn't worry to much. If you are worried maybe just start cutting it back to whatever is recommended. I think it is one cup of coffee a day in pregnancy?

The only thing I cut out is alcohol in the second half of my cycle. And even at that I usually just have a glass when my period starts to make me feel better about it. :haha:

I know some people go crazy when they start ttc or after a couple months. But if you don't believe anything is wrong and you haven't been trying long I believe in just letting nature take its course. Sometimes I wonder if all the extra actually hurts ttc.

I take a prenatal + extra folate ,
I slowly lowered my caffeine intake over time when we started trying again so that I would not get a caffeine withdrawal, now I am down to one cup in the morning sometimes I only drink half a cup.

My doctor has me taking a prescription prenatal that comes in the form of two pills. One of which is a fish oil/omega blend and the other is a prenatal blend with DHA. He also has me taking COQ10, Vitamin D, and Pregnitude. He has me on fairly high volumes of all of it, much of it to be discontinued once pregnancy is confirmed.

Also - is your name Jessica Love, or is that just part of your username? Asking because my name is Jessica Love and I thought it would be quite a coincidence to find someone with the same name on this site!

thanks ladies! krissie I think I may take that on board and just cut out a little during the second half of my cycle! I wasn't planning to take it too seriously at first but people keep telling me that drinking caffeine during ttc is a NONO. I am glad its not just me wanting to be bit more relaxed!

lisap! that's a great idea drinking half a cup I may just drink from my smaller mugs! I do tend to drink out my great big ones!

thanks again ladies! I feel much more at ease now I am going to stick with the normal parental at first then. xx

Jessica love! my name is actually Jessica Lovett so almost! what a pretty name you have haha
I am always so tempted to change it and drop the 'tt' at the end.

I take pregnacare I do have a coffee in a morning but drink green tea all day up to u really hun xx

I take pregnacare I do have a coffee in a morning but drink green tea all day up to u really hun xx

Ditto. Pregnacare his and hers and have cut down my coffee to morning only (most days).

Hi ladies!

I'm really glad I found this post. I've been wondering if anyone here is taking or has taken (in the past) herbs/supplements to support fertility and pregnancy. We've been TTC for almost three years, with two miscarriages in the past, so I probably belong on a different board, but no one has answered any of my posts on the other boards. I am currently on CD22, and this is what I have tried this month, starting on CD6: Maca 500 mg twice per day (discontinued on CD17, as I read you shouldn't take it while pregnant - not sure if that applies to the TWW as well or not), Vitex 400 mg twice a day, One A Day Women's Prenatal Vitamins once a day, two baby aspirin once per day, and on CD16 I added 20 mg of progesterone cream per day. I have also been drinking 8 oz of Raspberry Leaf tea per day but I've read conflicting info on this (does it CAUSE or PREVENT miscarriage in early pregnancy?) so I may discontinue it soon.

I'd love to hear about anyone else's experiences!

Agreed with pps, the most important is folic acid. 400 is technically enough (and any generic women's multi will get you that), but prenatals have 800. I take the One A Day Women's Prenatal with DHA.

As far as cutting out caffeine and alcohol and what not, I only do that during the TWW. You can have a tall Starbucks drink a day and be fine, so maybe try switching to a smaller size? Or just try switching to decaf. It still has some caffeine, but it is significantly reduced. To make you feel better, my gyn is pretty adamant that what you do pre-conception is irrelevant until you get a bfp. As long as it isn't unhealthy for you (binge drinking, smoking...), it won't have an affect.

Ditto. Pregnacare his and hers and have cut down my coffee to morning only (most days).

my hb takes wellman always has xx

That's the one lol
I always buy the box that has both his and hers vitamins but you're right I think the "his" one is called wellman conception or something.:)

This post is very helpful. Can anyone recommend a good otc prenatal vitamin? And can I get one that includes folic acid or should I be supplementing that separately? I'm not looking for anything to aid me in getting pregnant (as of yet) but just to help ensure the pregnancy is healthy and that I am not missing any key vitamins/nutrients leading up to it. I don't plan to see my doctor about it until I get my BFP.

Oh and important tidbit, calcium is incredibly difficult for our bodies to absorb. That's why you might notice that your prenatal has less calcium than a typical multivitamin. It is important to supplement calcium through your diet or another vitamin. BUT you cannot have large amounts of calcium around the time you take your pill. A lot of women take their pills with milk to make it easier to swallow/ for the nausea, you really should not do that. I take my prenatal with breakfast and water, and I drink milk with my afternoon snack and dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->