Vitamins/Supplements

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by susan_1981, Oct 29, 2008.

1. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

Just wondering what vitamins you are taking? At the moment, I'm only taking folic acid but I read on the NHS website that I should also be taking Vitamin D tablets.

2. Halle71

Halle71 Pregnant with number 2!

I was just taking folic acid but I've just started taking Pregnacare because I've gone off my food and was worried about getting enough nutrients.

I would probably advise going for a pregnancy supplement if you are worried rather than specific vitamins as you may get the levels wrong.

Hx

3. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Yeah I am taking Tesco's own pregnancy multi-vitamins, well it feels like I've been taking them forever as was when ttc. They have everything in including your folic acid and are relatively inexpensive too.

4. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

I've been reading up on this and I'd be careful of taking multi vitamins although if they are pregnancy ones, they are sure to be ok. I was reading that there are some vitamins (possibly A and maybe E) that can be harmful to your child.

5. shinona

shinona Well-Known Member

I'm only taking folic acid and was considering a calcium only supplement as I'm lactose intolerant and don't eat enough calcium, I'm sure.

6. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

I saw the midwife yesterday and asked her advie on multi vitamins. She said that as long as I was taking my folic acid that was all that mattered! I pointed out to her that I have gone off fresh veg and will only eat frozen, she said if that continues for several more weeks then I should consider multi vitamins. Hope this helps x

7. celine

celine Well-Known Member

I take a multi vit for preggy people with folic acid and all others that are important.

8. scrubgrub

scrubgrub Guest

I take one-a-day it's got the folic acid in it and comes with the omega fatty acid pill too.

9. Dustyx

Dustyx Well-Known Member

I take tescos own brand of multivitamins for pregnant and breastfeeding women and will carry on all the way through,contains folic acid and vit D. Just to ensure bubs gets enough and to keep me away from colds etc as baby sucks all the vits out of us!

10. amelia222

amelia222 Well-Known Member

I take the regular prenatal vitamins that I got at the grocery store. My doctor didn't say anything about vitamins, but I knew I should be taking them.