Vitamins/Supplements

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Just wondering what vitamins you are taking? At the moment, I'm only taking folic acid but I read on the NHS website that I should also be taking Vitamin D tablets.

I was just taking folic acid but I've just started taking Pregnacare because I've gone off my food and was worried about getting enough nutrients.

I would probably advise going for a pregnancy supplement if you are worried rather than specific vitamins as you may get the levels wrong.

Hx

Yeah I am taking Tesco's own pregnancy multi-vitamins, well it feels like I've been taking them forever as was when ttc. They have everything in including your folic acid and are relatively inexpensive too.

I've been reading up on this and I'd be careful of taking multi vitamins although if they are pregnancy ones, they are sure to be ok. I was reading that there are some vitamins (possibly A and maybe E) that can be harmful to your child.

I'm only taking folic acid and was considering a calcium only supplement as I'm lactose intolerant and don't eat enough calcium, I'm sure.

I saw the midwife yesterday and asked her advie on multi vitamins. She said that as long as I was taking my folic acid that was all that mattered! I pointed out to her that I have gone off fresh veg and will only eat frozen, she said if that continues for several more weeks then I should consider multi vitamins. Hope this helps x

I take a multi vit for preggy people with folic acid and all others that are important.

I take one-a-day it's got the folic acid in it and comes with the omega fatty acid pill too.

I take tescos own brand of multivitamins for pregnant and breastfeeding women and will carry on all the way through,contains folic acid and vit D. Just to ensure bubs gets enough and to keep me away from colds etc as baby sucks all the vits out of us!

I take the regular prenatal vitamins that I got at the grocery store. My doctor didn't say anything about vitamins, but I knew I should be taking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->