Vitamins when TTC

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
So I’m on month 4 of TTC. I have been taking the pregnacare TTC tablets. But wanted to know what all you other ladies were taking.

multivitamin pregnancy tablets ( aka pregnacare)

Just folic acid

Other vitamins

Be good to see what everyone else is taking and what your thoughts are on them xxx

This month will be our 6 Cycle of TTC. I have been taking a prenatal everyday for the last 3-4 months and this cycle i decided to try evening primrose oil so i'm taking 1 - 1000mg twice a day of that up until i ovulate.

This is cycle 21 for us, I started initially just on prenatals (Pregnacare liquid), I then added the following over time:

Extra B complex
Extra B6
Evening primrose oil (up to ovulation mostly to help fertile cm but also to help regulate hormones)
Raspberry leaf tea (up to ovulation)
Probiotic yoghurt
Brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, peanuts
Red clover tincture
Extra vitamin E

Going to buy some herbal tea which contains peppermint, raspberry leaf, red clover and nettle this time and planning on starting acupuncture.

Keepfaith, just so you know you can have up to 3000mg EPO daily if you want to

I’ve just gotten my bfp this week after 7 months. This last month I have been taking

Pregnacare
Folic avid
Vitamin c
Zinc
Agnus Castus

I’m taking rasberry leaf tea, and just started Vitex ( agnus castus ) I also have folic acid and conceive well vitamins.

Doggylover- can I ask how much Vitex you take? Do you take it continuesly or do have a break each month? My bottle just says to take it everyday but iv read lots of other ways to take it

I’m taking rasberry leaf tea, and just started Vitex ( agnus castus ) I also have folic acid and conceive well vitamins.

Doggylover- can I ask how much Vitex you take? Do you take it continuesly or do have a break each month? My bottle just says to take it everyday but iv read lots of other ways to take it

The advice out there is SO confusing! I took one 1000mg tablet once a day. The packet actually said take 3 a day, but that seemed way more than I had read online. I only actually took it for one cycle and got my bfp at the weekend, and I'm convinced it is that! So no experience on having a break, but I wasn't going to take a break if I didn't get my bfp. I was getting terrible pms so figured I needed it to be constantly in there through the tww in order to prevent that?

And although I've read to stop taking once you get your bfp I am still taking every other day until week 6, as I know my progesterone has been low so stopping it when it's much needed seems senseless to me. But cut down the dose,

I have read you should stop taking agnus castus once you ovulate in case you fall pregnant

I’m currently not ovulating or at least this cycle I haven’t ( bloods confirmed at dr ) so I’ll have no idea when I’m going to o so I’ll just take it continuesly. I’m taking 1 tablet a day aswell same mg. Congrats to you doggylover and wishing you all the best

I have read you should stop taking agnus castus once you ovulate in case you fall pregnant

Yes I’ve read that, but also read to take it throughout the whole cycle as well. Seems to be a 50/50 split. I read a lot before taking it as there are so many pieces of info out there, and couldn’t come to any firm conclusion so decided to take it throughout.

Yes I’ve read that, but also read to take it throughout the whole cycle as well. Seems to be a 50/50 split. I read a lot before taking it as there are so many pieces of info out there, and couldn’t come to any firm conclusion so decided to take it throughout.

There is a lot of conflicting advice online about this. For the most part I have read that it isn't safe in pregnancy, so most ttc stop at ovulation just to be on the safe side, although some do carry on and stop if they see a positive test.

I read a lot about soy isoflavones recently, these seem a good thing to try if you're struggling to ovulate or if your cycles are whacky.
I decided to try them despite ovulating regularly, because we have had so many losses I want to try to ensure a good strong egg and hopefully promote lining thickness. The general advice is if you ovulate don't use it, however I have read many women who like me, are struggling but do ovulate and have had success using it. It's advised if you do ovulate already to stick to the lowest dose so I'm going along with the instructions on the bottle and taking 50mg which is much lower than most people use. Usually people start on at least 80mg then increase it gradually, over five days, to mimic oestrogen production. It works by tricking your body into thinking it isn't making enough oestrogen. But since I also have had issues with what appears to be low progesterone, I am also prescribed Cyclogest for my lp which has been helpful. So I can balance things with this, hopefully.
It's another avenue to look at anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"