Vitamins

Of course take them, have you got a reason why you wouldnt? Especially the folic acid which helps prevent neural tube defects.

Do you mean pregnancy vitamins? Why would you not take them? Ones that aren't specifically for a pregnant woman I wouldn't take though.

on a normal NONPREGNANT day i would say no. i dont actually believe in them. i think potentially they dont benefit the average person, dont get absorbed properly and that you should get your vitamins from your diet.

but, i am pregnant and worried about spine abifida and not able to eat vegetables properly as i normally might. so i am taking them - better safe than sorry :) x

I would take a folic acid supplement but I think a good balanced diet is more efficient and safer than vitamins in general. A lot of the vitamins in supplements are not easily used by our bodies and the other thing to watch is some vitamins (like Vit A) are not very good for you in large doses, especially when pregnant. I would talk with your Midwife about it. Sometimes your blood work will indicate a low folate level which a supplement would help with. I would be guided by that rather than filling up on thigns your body may not need.

I asked my GP and she advised just to take Folic Acid, as my sickness is wearing me out I've started taking 10MG Vitamin B6 before bed :)

i take the pregnacare multi vit for pregnant women, xx

The vits made me sick, so I just stuck with Folic Acid. xxx

I am trying to take them every day as my sickness is preventing me eating anything near a healthy and varied diet. I wouldnt be so bothered if I could eat properly, but would always take folic acid.

I take a prenatal vitamin with folic acid every day. I started taking them in the morning, but I ended up with 'metal mouth'! Which was making me feel worse than I needed to! I read somewhere on the internet that if you take them at night, it solves that problem, and it is what i have done ever since... Not a problem sisnce!

I had blood done to see if I am ok with my vitamins and now I have a prescription from my endocrinologist. I take 5mg folic acid as well (on prescription)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->