Vitex and Anxiety

HopefullyOpto

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me with something. I started vitex on cd1 this cycle as I have PCOS and really long cycles. I was hoping it might be able to shorten them as my doctors won't give me meds until I have been trying for at least a year.
Anyway to cut a long story short I seem to be getting anxiety today and was wondering whether it might be being caused by vitex? Can anyone offer some help/experience about vitex and side effects.

Thanks in advance! :)

I took Vitex for 2 months, and to be honest, I think it sent my crazy! OH thought so too, we put it down to an overload of hormones that my body isn't used to, so kind-of like extreme PMT! It have me mood swings - I was moody, irritable, tearful, anxious, everything. I stopped taking it, lol!

Thanks memma! I appreciate you responding :) just didn't want to think it was me going mad.
Out of interest did you take it for irregular cycles? If so what have you been taking since stopping vitex?

I have been taking it since the 25th of last month. I actually feel calmer but I was coming off the pill which the first week of the month while I was on them was extreme pms time for me. Vitex helped me ! GL

Hi robinsonmom, I did hear they are meant to make you calmer, that's why I was a little confused... I mean maybe it's my hormones just trying to balance themselves out. I came off the pill in August last year as it was making me crazy!! I mean I have such bad anxiety and then after a few months it had almost gone. That's why I was surprised to feel it coming back.
I think I will give it a little while and see if it helps. It's really hard to TTC when the cycles are 50+ days

I would give it atleast a month as it takes a while for vitex to work in your system for some women. I suffered from anxiety and extreme pms, I assume due to my hormone imbalance and irregular cycles. I suffered with this for 1.5 years. When I went on bcp (combo pills) it balanced my hormones and I only pmsed and had anxiety a few days the beginning of the month. My dh was so happy that he could pin point it and avoid me those days. Lol. Now being on the vitex I don't even have a few days of anxiety or pms. Just mellow.

Yeah I think I can give it a month or two, I lived with sever anxiety for over 3 years so I know there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and tbh if it gets me that BFP I can cope for a short period of time so long as it's mild.
Did you have irregular cycles before BCP or have you been diagnosed with something that can effect fertility?

I had irregular periods before AF. It happen after my mc, my cycle just grew longer and longer each month. Ended at 3 cycles a year. I didn't get a hormone test done, but blood work confirmed I was ovulating and VD3 deficiency. Instead of going through all the test dh took a cheaper and less time consuming way and did bcp. It worked so far because I Od and I haven done that but a few times in the 2yrs. I started Vitex as insurance to my body. Hopefully things stay this way so that I can conceive.

Hi Robinsonmom what is VD3 deficiency, and how can BCP help with fertility I thought it would do the opposite, sorry I'm not too clued up on these things :)

Hi Robinsonmom what is VD3 deficiency, and how can BCP help with fertility I thought it would do the opposite, sorry I'm not too clued up on these things :)

Vitamin D (VD3) deficiency. Which is a trend they see in women with pcos. Bcp doesn't help you conceive per se however my ob says says she recommends women with extreme irregular cycles (or with pcos or amenoreah) to get on a combo bcp to regulate cycles increasing your chances of ovulating which in then increases your chances of conception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->