Vitex and the 2WW?

sjackson310

Reaction score
Quick question for those of you who have taken Vitex before...

This is my third month taking Vitex. The two previous cycles I took it, I got pregnant both times, and miscarried both times. My first BFP was May 2014 and the second BFP was February 2015, with all BFN between those months.

Anywho, I am 9dpo today and the last 24+ hours I've been feeling period-like cramps almost non-stop. It feels like a dull, crampy ache in my uterus and left ovary. It also feels like a lot of pressure and fullness down there. I have had BFN so far, with a luteal phase of 12-13 days. This is new to me and I'm wondering if this is caused possibly by the Vitex? Has anyone taken Vitex and had a different 2WW when not pregnant?

Hi sjackson, unfortunately I don't have experience with being in the tww when taking vitex as this is my first cycle taking it and I'm only cd4.
You mentioned that both cycles you took vitex you concieved. Did you stop taking the vitex as soon as you got the BFP?
Additionally did you only take vitex in May 2014 and Feb 2015?
Also do you ovulate and have normal cycles when not taking vitex? Sorry for all the questions I just want to see if there is anything I can help/relate with. Fx this is a sticky bean cycle for you!

Hi sjackson, unfortunately I don't have experience with being in the tww when taking vitex as this is my first cycle taking it and I'm only cd4.
You mentioned that both cycles you took vitex you concieved. Did you stop taking the vitex as soon as you got the BFP?
Additionally did you only take vitex in May 2014 and Feb 2015?
Also do you ovulate and have normal cycles when not taking vitex? Sorry for all the questions I just want to see if there is anything I can help/relate with. Fx this is a sticky bean cycle for you!

Hey, that's okay I appreciate the response :) Let me give a quick update before I answer your questions. I woke up at 6am today, and at noon (just after writing this post) I got extremely tired. So I went to sleep until 3pm. This is unusual for me. Also, since 6am and during a 9 hour period, I have peed 6 times today, and all I have had to drink is my morning cup of coffee and a small cup of orange juice. It's been a lot of pee. During my nap I had some very vivid and crazy dreams so when I awoke I felt the urge to test (with a 2 hour pee hold) and I just got the world's faintest + on a Wondfo test. I am gonna go buy some FRER for tonight and Clear Blue Digitals for tomorrow. So if it's for real, this is my third pregnancy with Vitex.

To answer your questions:
1. I continued taking Vitex throughout for both of them. They suspected my most recent pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy though. My first pregnancy, I DID run out of vitex for 4-5 days and I had put another order in through Amazon but in the middle of those days i began spotting. I dont know if not taking them for a few days caused my miscarriage or what. I think i have low progesterone (just got it tested for the first time on Friday so I will find out) and the Femaprin (the exact brand i use of Vitex) gives me a little boost to get preggo.
2. Yes I only took vitex in May 2014 and Feb 2015. The months inbetween I used soy isoflavones to no avail. Without any supplements I ovulate between CD 21-CD27. On Vitex I ovulate on CD17-19 and feel O cramps MUCH stronger. I felt lower back cramps during O using soy, and felt nothing at all when not on any supplements. So it looks like every time I take Vitex, I become pregnant that month. No diagnosed issues wrong with me yet.

I REALLY recommend the brand Femaprin from Amazon. Best $11 I have ever spent.

Wow well it certainly seems vitex does wonders for you :) I hope that faint positive turns into a glaringly blatant one for you soon and becomes a healthy sticky bean!
Out of interest how much vitex do you take daily? If it is low progesterone I think it works wonders for that. Its nice to hear that your cycles are not extremely long which gives you more opportunity for that BFP each month :D.
I hope someone else on the boards will be able to answer your question from the first post. Fx the vitex works as well for me as it has for you :)

Wow well it certainly seems vitex does wonders for you :) I hope that faint positive turns into a glaringly blatant one for you soon and becomes a healthy sticky bean!
Out of interest how much vitex do you take daily? If it is low progesterone I think it works wonders for that. Its nice to hear that your cycles are not extremely long which gives you more opportunity for that BFP each month :D.
I hope someone else on the boards will be able to answer your question from the first post. Fx the vitex works as well for me as it has for you :)

The Femaprin I buy off Amazon is a once-a-day pill. I had a tiny bit of pink & brown spotting when I checked my cervix like an hour ago so I am hoping that's implantation bleeding. I am going to use a FRER in the AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->