• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

vitex and vitamin b6 ttc

msperry1984

Reaction score
hello ladies looking for someone to buddy up with share stories and progress info..

ok a liitle about me have been ttc since 09/2011..found out in 02/2012 that i had secondary infertilty..after testing no known cause..only result that was abnormal was low progesterone level at cd21.. so then tried 2 rounds of clomid which were unsucessful..had some bumps in the road with dh 08/2012 and he decided he didn't want to ttc anymore with fertility meds..so we did not do the third round of clomid..since then have just taken a break from ttc and tried working on us..which is getting better we were both completely stressed out over ttc and it was wearing on our relationship..recently after doing some research i've decided since dh doesn't want to do clomid but he doesn't want me to take bc and says if it happens then it happens i would try taking vitex and vitamin b6 to see if it would at least help my cycles out and pms and see where it goes..also my dr mentioned at my last appointment that she thought i o'd late and that it looked like i might have issues with my luteal phase.. my last cycle started on 9/29/12 which lasted 5 days then i started the vitex on 10/9/12 and added in the vitamin b6 on 10/18/12.. on 10/9/12 when i started the vitex i started bleeding again and then spotting and that lasted till 10/19/12, since started the vitex and b6 i have also started drinking a lot more water.. i think the bleeding and spotting was just the supplement getting my body back on track..now i'm feeling great..no cramps, no spotting, no bleeding, face is clearing up, and moods have improved..will keep adding posts on any new development... hope that someone will join me soon otherwise this may just be my log..lol

Hi there...

Good timing with your post...I just started taking Vitex yesterday!

I'm going to copy and paste what is going on with me below...I just posted it in another thread asking for help, but it applies here also:

Trying for 2nd child for around 10 years
-Doing infertility treatments/tests for around 9 years
-2 rounds of IUI
-1 round of IVF
-Too many rounds of clomid to count
-3 HSG's: 1st - tubes had mucus in them but dr was able to open them up; 2nd and 3rd were clear.
-genetic testing

What tests have shown:
-low antral count, but great amh (unusual!)
-maybe a minor genetic clotting issue, but should be fine by taking baby aspirin
-ovaries stimulate very easily despite low antral count...45+ eggs produced during IVF
-ovulate on my own
-OPKs always show up positive or almost positive no matter what time of month it is (suggesting high LH levels)

Medical history:
-daughter was a surprise conception without trying,C-Section
-have had issues with ovarian cysts every so often
-painful ovulation...sometimes for just a day, sometimes lasting from O to AF
-not overweight (5'7" tall, 134 lbs)
-37 years old
-very irregular periods until daughter was born (only 3-4 periods per year)
-have already been through 4 REs with no answers
-OH's SA came back saying he had 3x sperm as average man..absolutely perfect.

Is any of this raising any red flags for anyone? Is there anything that I am missing? The doctors all say 'unexplained secondary infertility', except for one who suggested PCOS, however, he said that before doing any tests for it...at that point we were getting IVF testing done. The high LH, good amh, history of cysts, and prior issues of irregular periods are all symptoms of PCOS, however, I am not overweight, currently have regular periods, don't have a high follicle count and ovulate on my own, which would be arguments against PCOS.

I'm going to try Vitex and Saw Palmetto to try to regulate my hormones and bring down my LH. I decided to give it a try after finding a few really great links online about trying to lower your LH (my opk's are always positive or almost positive). Good luck and please keep me updated on your progress! I haven't been on it long enough to see any progress yet, but it's very encouraging to see that it's making a difference with you already!

hey Amy I'm really excited that someone post..well glad to have you here..hopefully we will both have a bfp soon..

good morning Amy just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.. any progress...Update for me really nothing new.. have had cramping off and on and was confused about what cd i was on since i had a normal af starting on sept 29 lasted 4-5 days and then when i started the vitex on oct 9 i started bleeding again tmi.. and that lasted for over a week so if i counted from sept 29 then i would be on cd 38 which would be really long for me but if i count from oct 9 then i would be on cd 28 and im usually a 30 day cycle like clock work.. since my previous labs showed that i have low progesterone i'm hoping that the vitex works in helping to increase that as my doctor mentioned that she thought since i was still having regular monthly cycles she thought i was probably still ovulating but she also mentioned that i might have a short luteal phase so i threw in b6 with the vitex and started that about 4-5 after starting the vitex so i hope it works.. i took a hpt today bc i was trying to figure out what cd i am on and it was a bfn so im going with cd28 and expect af to show in the next 2-3 days.. i have had no symptoms of being prego and only have had some cramping off and on.. thinking about taking opk this next cycle as i previously tried charting but since i am unable to take bbt at the same time every day i wasn't sure how accurate it was.. also have been trying to check cm but i don't even remember the last time i had egg white cm..not a good sign probably but lately i have been checking my cervix position but not sure if i really know what i'm checking for but i am going to continue to check..whew.. that was a mouthful hope you're doing well.look forward to hearing about your progress.. also i don't know if i mentioned that i am 28 and i have a almost 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son.. secondary infertility cause unknown all testing hsg normal..ultrasounds normal no signs of thyroid problems i am 5'5'' 116lbs on;y abnormal lab that was done was low progesterone.. if you have any suggestion or experiences that you could recommend i try or any testing i should consider having i'm all ears my next step was to go to an RE but i've put that on hold since dh really got overwhelmed with the clomid and my mood swings which were awful.. i only did 2 cycles of the clomid and i know that my progesterone levels came up but only to a 10.6 from a 4.6..have also thought about soy isoflavones but i don't think i can take that and vitex together.. idk i really just feel incomplete at the thought that i may no longer be able to get prego again i am too young i should be popping babies out left and right..lol

Not too much to report here either....just more confusion :)

Today is CD 13 for me. The vitex seemed to give me some cramping quite a few days before ovulation. I am also attempting to temp this month....i haven't done that for years! I wanted to try since I had such a rough time with using opk's last month. I'm temping within about an hour and a half window every morning. I had a positive opk yesterday and a slight temp rise today, so I'm wondering if I O'd yesterday? It seems a little bit early (cd 12), but I guess i'll find out in the next few days if my temp continues to rise. It seems like all I do is wait :)

I decided to give acupuncture a try. There is an acupuncturist here in St. Louis that a lot of the REs send their patients to...she comes very highly recommended. My first appointment is this afternoon. When I talked to her, she said that even though I have some symptoms of PCOS, she thought it was a hormonal imbalance instead. I guess time will tell...along with more waiting :)

Have you talked to your doc about maybe taking progesterone during your LP?

Not too much to report here either....just more confusion :)

Today is CD 13 for me. The vitex seemed to give me some cramping quite a few days before ovulation. I am also attempting to temp this month....i haven't done that for years! I wanted to try since I had such a rough time with using opk's last month. I'm temping within about an hour and a half window every morning. I had a positive opk yesterday and a slight temp rise today, so I'm wondering if I O'd yesterday? It seems a little bit early (cd 12), but I guess i'll find out in the next few days if my temp continues to rise. It seems like all I do is wait :)

I decided to give acupuncture a try. There is an acupuncturist here in St. Louis that a lot of the REs send their patients to...she comes very highly recommended. My first appointment is this afternoon. When I talked to her, she said that even though I have some symptoms of PCOS, she thought it was a hormonal imbalance instead. I guess time will tell...along with more waiting :)

Have you talked to your doc about maybe taking progesterone during your LP?

i haven't been to my ob since june since i had my day21 progesterone checked after my first dose of the clomid.. was just too stressful on family life and dh so i'm going this new route and hope in time it works,, i don;t want to get dh too involved unless he needs to be no reason to give him stress about it. But i just wish i had a reason.. i have thought about seeing a re but the cost is also an issue for me.. just hope this works.

hello Amy update for today... so yesterday i took a hpt and got a bfn well this morning decided that iwas going to take another one since i didn't use the first morning urine and i got a faint line don't know of this could be a chemical pregnancy or if its just a fluke cuz i just went and got some dollar store tests well here it is tell me what you think

here it is

Attachments

• ms 2355.jpg
    ms 2355.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 185
msperry1984: Just read your post.I think it is a BFP :) U give me hope.Even i have a very low progesterone.My level was just 2.4.I have been prescribed Clomid and i would be going for blood work this Thursday.Wanted to know why you are taking vitex? and also i am taking B-Complex but it has B6 just 2mg which i think is very low so i would be shifting to higher dose next cycle.How much mg of B6 you are taking?

i'm so nervous don't want to get my hopes up in case its a false negative so waiting to see about going to the dr. I started taking vitex after reading that it helps to regulate your hormones and helps your body to naturally produce more progesterone and the vitamin b6 is supposed to help improved your uterine lining and the short luteal phase i have been taking the vitex since oct 9th and the vitamin b6 a few days after starting that.. i started taking only one a day of the vitex and then increased it to two a day and the vitamin b6 is 100mg and started taking one a day then increased to two daily but now if i am prego then im going to start weaning myself off them both but want to talk to the dr fist and get my progesterone levels checked.. this is crazy to me that if i am prego it worked so fast have been ttc for almost 2 years now

Ooooooooo! That is a BFP!! Congratulations!!

I had my first acupuncture appt last night. I was great! I asked her about vitex and she says she highly recommends it for help regulating your hormones. She said to take it from CD1 until you are sure that you O'd.

I was planning to take b6 from next cycle but i might now add vitex if it helps me with progesterone.Any idea can i take it with clomid?

Coolstar-

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on taking it with Clomid, but take a look at this link about vitex.

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/vitex-chasteberry

It gives a lot a great information based on actual scientific studies. There is a lot of conflicting information about it out there, but a lot if it is coming from sites where they are trying to sell you something (books, systems, suppliments, etc) as opposed to actual research.

I was planning to take b6 from next cycle but i might now add vitex if it helps me with progesterone.Any idea can i take it with clomid?

well i've read that you sh take the two shouldn't take the two together as they cancel each other out but that's just what i've read on the internet so who really knows maybe something to ask next tome you go to the acupuncture..i started the vitex to help with progesterone and the b6 to help my luteal phase and i would say if it worked for me then why not try it..i've been ttc for 2 years after a year of ttc i found out about the low progesterone and my last dr appt dr said something about short luteal phase but wanted me to do one more round of clmid and if that didn't work then go the re.. but i never did the last round of clomid bc of me and dh and the stress things were causing..but now i have to make sure it's a bfp and then find a way to tell him..nerbous,,excited this will be his first baby and my third oh how ive forgotten what it like to be prego last time was 6 years ago..fx that i get to see my dr and do blood work and it's really a bfp and not a fluke or chemical pregnancy

What kind of Vitex are you ladies taking and where did you get it? I had a MC back in June and my cycles have yet to regulate. I've heard about people taking Vitex but I've seen so many products for it and just don't know what to take. I'm thinking of giving Thompson's Vitex 1000 a try. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Really hoping it works, I'm tired of getting BFN. I'm ready for a BFP! Wishing you ladies luck as well. But please tell me what you think of the Vitex, and what you ladies think is works..

What kind of Vitex are you ladies taking and where did you get it? I had a MC back in June and my cycles have yet to regulate. I've heard about people taking Vitex but I've seen so many products for it and just don't know what to take. I'm thinking of giving Thompson's Vitex 1000 a try. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Really hoping it works, I'm tired of getting BFN. I'm ready for a BFP! Wishing you ladies luck as well. But please tell me what you think of the Vitex, and what you ladies think is works..

I'm taking nature's way that I got from amazon I started with one a day then increased to twodaily along with one b6 and then two of both daily I will gladly send my unused bottle of vitex since I'm pretty sure I got my bfp but it was only 9 bucks from amazon

[/QUOTE]I'm taking nature's way that I got from amazon I started with one a day then increased to twodaily along with one b6 and then two of both daily I will gladly send my unused bottle of vitex since I'm pretty sure I got my bfp but it was only 9 bucks from amazon[/QUOTE]

Well, congrats on your BFP! :) And after talking with a few people and reading about it, I am definitely going to try the Vitex. I've heard a few good stories about it and I think it's worth a try. Hoping I can get a BFP soon. Fingers crossed. And that'd be great if you wouldn't mind sending it. I'd really appreciate it.

I'm taking nature's way that I got from amazon I started with one a day then increased to twodaily along with one b6 and then two of both daily I will gladly send my unused bottle of vitex since I'm pretty sure I got my bfp but it was only 9 bucks from amazon[/QUOTE]

Well, congrats on your BFP! :) And after talking with a few people and reading about it, I am definitely going to try the Vitex. I've heard a few good stories about it and I think it's worth a try. Hoping I can get a BFP soon. Fingers crossed. And that'd be great if you wouldn't mind sending it. I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I would need am address send me a private msg and we can exchange info or numbers..

well it's official just got my cal from my dr. and it's a bfp 11/6/2012 don't know how far i am but ill start weaning myself off the vitex yesterday i took it to only one and today i olny took one so after this week i will do one everyother day.. i really do believe that either the vitex or the b6 helped me to get prego as i had been ttc for almost 2 years now good luck ladies hope you two get yourbfp soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"