Vitex/ovulation experience?

rj84

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
We've been TTC now for 6 months and I've never had a +OPK - I've started taking vitex this month in hope that it may increase likelihood of ovulation - has anyone got any experience with vitex? I've been told to stop taking it at ovualtion but also told to keep going!!!!

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi I dont have a great deal of experience but I took it 2 cycles ago for the whole cycle and while it did shorten my cycle from 59 days to 42 days I didnt ovulate and my AF was a yucky brown for the whole 8 days it was there. The next cycle I took it for 2 weeks but I also took Soy with it from day 3-7. I did ovulate and had a 32 day cycle (my shortest ever if you don't count when I was on the pill). This cycle I took the soy on its own from day 1-5 thinking it might shorten even more but as you can see from my sig I am well past the 32 days and still getting BFN's with no sign of AF. I dont know if not taking the vitex this time has messed it all up.

I didnt wanto to read and run, I have only read about vitex on here and some people say take it all month or just until ovulation.. I dont know when I ovulate an d have irregular periods so maybe its something I could take too when i TTC.
JULYBABES- The second time you took it and have your 32 day cycle you said you took it for 2 weeks? Was it just the cd1-cd14 you took the vitex? Thanks in advance, sorry I didnt mean to hijack your thread rj84! Best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->