Vitex/Ovulation - success stories/experience?

rj84

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
We've been TTC now for 6 months and I've never had a +OPK - I've started taking vitex this month in hope that it may increase likelihood of ovulation - has anyone got any experience with vitex? I've been told to stop taking it at ovualtion but also told to keep going!!!!

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks

Meeee! I fell poreggo using vitex and swear by it!!!!! It made me ovulate and within 3 months hey presto baby bingo I fell! You need to take it upto ovulation then start once AF shows up, if it does!

GL

Clare x

thank you thank you thank you!!!

I think me too!! Came off pill no af for 3 month!! Started taking vitex april 6th and o'd on the 20th!! Good luck xx

We had been TTC 18months. using CBFM for the second cycle when I got our BFP after taking Vitex/Agnus Castus for the first cycle. My dose is in my signature.

1st cycle using CBFM i only had lows and highs then on the second cycle with the help of Vitex/Agnus Castus I went straight from low to peak (no high) cd21. We BD cd's 15,17,19, 21, 22 and 23 and got a pos HPT at 10dpo I had been BBT for a few months but never had a major temp shift so my doctor said it was unlikely I was OV'ing. I didn't ever get a pos OPK either. A scan at the end of my previous cycle to the BFP showed cysts on my ovaries so I thought "what the hell give vitex a go" low and behold I am here :)

Good luck with it :dust:

thats really helpful thank you!!! just nicked some of hubbys EPO!!!

I did get headaches for about a week when on it but they do go xx

thats really helpful thank you!!! just nicked some of hubbys EPO!!!

Make sure you only take the EPO and vitex upto ovulation. EPO helps with EWCM but can cause uterine contrations therefore isn't suitable to take after ovulation. Keep using the OPK's to see if you get a + while taking the vitex, if you do then stop taking everything until AF arrive (fingers crossed it won't arrive and you get a BFP instead)

:dust:

im starting vitex today as cd 45 today and still no period :(

I started taking it right after stopping bc and i ovulated every month. First two cycles were slightly longer than the rest. I'm not sure why people say to stop taking it after O. I took it all through my cycle and am continuing to take it through my first trimester. There is absolutely no evidence saying it is unsafe to take during first trimester, and people who really need it may need to continue it to avoid miscarriage. that is a decision you will have to make, but after doing research and speaking with my acupuncturist I decided to take it through the first trimester and have had no problems so far. As for after O, it is completely safe. :)
I agree epo should only be taken until O as it can cause uterine contractions.

I started taking it right after stopping bc and i ovulated every month. First two cycles were slightly longer than the rest. I'm not sure why people say to stop taking it after O. I took it all through my cycle and am continuing to take it through my first trimester. There is absolutely no evidence saying it is unsafe to take during first trimester, and people who really need it may need to continue it to avoid miscarriage. that is a decision you will have to make, but after doing research and speaking with my acupuncturist I decided to take it through the first trimester and have had no problems so far. As for after O, it is completely safe. :)
I agree epo should only be taken until O as it can cause uterine contractions.

hi there what was your dose you were taking??

i took one today (1000mg) because my AF has still not arrived:cry:

Hi Ladies! I am also very curious about this method I have been activly trying to conceive for over a year and ntnp for over 4 yrs. I just bought my first bottle of Vitex agnus castus. Also a b complex. I am very happy to read about the postive reviews some of the ladies have had. Now for the ladies who have become preggo I have got a bottle of 400mg vitex that says take up to 6 daily I think I may work up to that amount but do you all recomend??

I started taking vitex almost 2 months ago and I would say it works. After using nuva ring for 5+ years, I took it out to TTC and then didn't get a period for 9 months. The dr induced one with synthetic progesterone at 9 months, then I got one on my own 57 days later. Then another one 60 days later. After the dr-induced period, I started BBT charting so I could figure out what the heck was going on with my body, because I was starting to freak out that I wasn't able to get pregnant.

I started taking vitex right after my 60 day cycle then continued charting and using OPK strips to really figure things out. Well, according to my BBT and OPK, I think I ovulated on day 29 this cycle, which means this cycle should only be about 40 days. I'm hoping that continuous use of vitex will continue to shorten my cycle so I can regain the regularity I had before starting birth control. But, so far so good! I'd say it works. I also think its responsible for about a 5 lb weight loss.

I ovulated about 5-6 days after taking Vitex and conceived!! I definitely recommend it :)

I got PG after 6 months of TTC straight off BC and it was my first month of taking AC/EPO/Vitamin b!!!!! I would definitely recommend it!

I'm 1dpo but started taking it beginning of this month (near the end of AF) and got my definite + LH surge for three days this month! first + since stopping BCP in May :) figured I'd give it a try & I'd say it worked :thumbup:

Attachments

• 827 (2).jpg
    827 (2).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 828.jpg
    828.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 829 (1).jpg
    829 (1).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 11
I took it as part of fertilaid. Got pg the first month. used cbfm too.

I used it and it certainly did help my cycles. They started becoming irregular and it helped make them regular again. Having regular cycles is helpful when you are in the baby making business. ;)

Hi
We've been TTC now for 6 months and I've never had a +OPK - I've started taking vitex this month in hope that it may increase likelihood of ovulation - has anyone got any experience with vitex? I've been told to stop taking it at ovualtion but also told to keep going!!!!

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks

It takes time for vitex to work, from what I understood when I took it to regulate my periods before bc it would take 6-8 weeks to regulate and then you needed to take it every day.

It did regulate my periods and I swear by it for that.

Every time I have used Vitex I have been able to get pregnant so I use it every time we want a new addition to our family. I notice that on Vitex I ovulate on CD 17 or 19. It may make a slightly late ovulation, but it is a really good solid egg when it does pop out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->