vitex thoughts?

littlebirdie9

Reaction score
My husband and I are ttc #1. My AF was irregular and evened out a little a few months ago. Cycles ranging from 29-30 days. I had a m/c in January and I ordered Vitex from Amazon and have only taken it for two days. I just want to know if anyone had any stories from using it. Thanks in advance. I just want to know if it's worth it.

Your cycles are regular and you've conceived naturally within the past few months.....What are you hoping the vitex will do? Typically vitex helps balance hormones naturally but if all is already in balance then it has been known to mess cycles up! Are you ovulating late? Early? Is you LP short?

I have very long cycles! I used vitex in hopes it would help but quit within 40 days or so as it was making me feel of and making my skin break out really bad! I should have given it more time to work because it is a slow acting herb but I just don't have the patience....

I want to regulate my cycle. When I was 17 it stopped completely and my doctor put me on meds that regulated it but wheb I quit taking them at 19 my cycle stayed normal and between 20 and until I was almost 21 I was on the pill. I'm 22 now and my cycle was somewhat regular but it started anywhere from the 7th of the month to the 18th. I have two bottles but I wanted to try it at least a month or two. My dh and I have been trying for a while, I do ovulate but sometimes it's difficult to tell because my cycles can be really irregular.

Vitex worked really well for me when I took it along with Maca. Maca is a Peruvian root plant that naturally balances estrogen levels.

I see. It is slow acting and it is recommended to give it 3 months to help (although you may notice changes sooner). Do you use OPK's or do you temp? OPKs will help to give you a heads up that ovulation is approaching and temping will confirm that it has happened!

My cycles are really long....like only 2 or 3 year sometimes. I would have stuck it out on the vitex but my skin was breaking out so bad. Also, I decided to do a medicated cycle and you can't take vitex with femara so I stopped it.

Good luck :) Making a baby is a crazy process! Hope you are blessed soon!

I've just started taking Angus castus (I think it's the same thing as vitex) as I had a mmc and my cycle and hormones are very erratic with alot of mid cycle bleeding/spotting.

Stalking to hear others experiences x

So far I haven't noticed much. I'm full of energy but that may be the prenatals. My skin never breaks out. This is day 3, twice a day (one capsule am, two capsules pm)

I haven't noticed much difference in how I feel but last cycle I spotted for over a week after af and nothing yet this cycle. Could be the ac or might have happened anyway - who knows! X

There are several threads in the past few months about vitex success stories. If you search the 1st trimester forum there's a thread where women with vitex babies talking about their success stories. It is a slow acting but powerful supplement and can take 3 months or so for results so a lot of ladies prefer to go another route and lose patience and of course it doesn't work for everyone.

My personal experience was fairly immediate with ovulation on cd 14 the first month taking it and my AF was so much more manageable with less pain and heavy bleeding. Interestingly vitex (agnus castus) is used to treat menstrual issues and it just so happens that the balancing of hormones that eases up AF symptoms have a positive effect on fertility:thumbup:

Good luck and make sure to search the forums for vitex threads!

I have read mixed reviews. I have a 6 month supply, I just don't want a long cycle. I have read a lot of success stories. My mother-in-law researched it (she's got grandma fever) AF usually isn't painful for me...but it's always been a little off. When I take supplements, my body tends to absorb them quickly. I'm fairly new to everything and it's a lot to take in. I refuse to lose hope though, my mother-in-law had endometriosis and got pregnant when she was about to give up.

Hi,
I started vitex just this month, and I only took it up to O then switched to progesterone cream due to my short LP. I plan on doing the same thing next month if I don't get a BFP this cycle. I know that it takes time for vitex to build up in your system, so I kind of wanted to take it the whole cycle, which is what some people do...but most sources say not to do progesterone cream and vitex at the same time, so I wasn't sure what the best choice was. I O'd on CD16 this month with the vitex (plus red raspberry leaf tea, B complex and vit C, and my usual prenatals), so my cycle is still pretty on schedule at this point. I also noticed that the supplements I'm taking gave me a lot more EWCM, so that made me super happy! I'll update if I get a BFP!!

Please keep me updated :) I have already noticed it helps with cramps. I haven't taken my nightly dose yet. I am starting to cramp. My EWCM is barely noticeable so it's good to hear that it thickens it.

I have been taking it for nearly a month due to PCOS and no ovulation after coming off BC. So far it hasn't made any difference (unless you can see any in my chart!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->