Vitex

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by kel3639, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kel3639

kel3639 NTNP

My friend keeps suggesting I start taking this!

I was officially diagnosed with pcos in may 2013. I have irregular periods and have had 2 miscarriages this year.

Anybody taken vitex before?

2. PugLuvAh

PugLuvAh Pregnant with #3

I'm so sorry for yor losses :(

I took vitax for my first pregnancy because of irregular periods and I have a tendancy towards low progesterone which it also helps with. It took a few months (maybe 4 or 5?) before I started to notice a difference, but it really did start to regulate my periods which helped make predicting ovulation (along with OPTs) a lot easier. I was taking 1000mg/day in the morning. I had no side effects.

We"re starting to try for #2 this month and to prep I started taking iron, folic acid, b6/b12 and vitax 3 months ago. Fingers crossed we get pregnant quickly!

Good luck!

3. kel3639

kel3639 NTNP

Did you consult a doctor about taking it?

Thank you! I appreciate it!

4. Myers13

Myers13 Grieving from loss

I also have PCOS, and just had my first mc May 24th, I just ordered vitex off line, waiting for it to arrive. I only have 2 periods a year, & I have low progesterone as well, I read that the Vitex is great & Helps increase fertility as well :) Good luck!