Vitex?

HopefulMom7

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been taking Chinese herbs for the past couple of months, but I am getting them through my acupuncturist and those suckers get expensive (especially because I usually have to pay for an office visit too.) I have been reading a lot about Vitex, and I have a short luteal phase so am interested in hearing any success with this. Has anyone tried it? How did it help, if at all? Any negative experiences? Any input is welcome!! :)

I conceived my little one my first full cycle on vitex. Took it through the jest trimester then weaned off it from 12-16 weeks. She's a happy healthy little girl!

Definitely helped me as my cycles suck due to pcos. Just make sure you take it through your whole cycle. It's a slow acting herb. It has to build up in your system to work. If you start and stop it during a cycle you're basically back to square one the next cycle as then it hasn't had time to build up and gets out of your system the time you don't use it. I suppose that could still work if you only need a little help but I'm not sure. It can safely be used for 18 months straight so it's really not an issue.

Good luck!

I'm just about to order some so I haven't tried it, but my doctor at the fertility clinic we go to recommended it. So I'm giving it a go.

Well just went and read reviews on amazon and it seems that its ok if you have PCOS but if you have regular cycles then it might mess them up. Looking at all the neg side effects I think I'll give this one a pass.. I'm ovulating just fine!

Oh yeah don't use it if you don't have issues ovulating. It works to help your hormones fix themselves basically and this helps you ovulate. But if you already do its trying to fix things that don't need to be fixed and can mess your cycles up.

What about if I ovulate but my cycles are only 21 days long and you ovulate on day 13 or 14? We have been trying for almost 2.5 years and I can't help but think that my short luteal phase has something to do with it, and I thought I read something about Vitex being good for the luteal phase defect...

I'm not sure I only really know about it helping with ovulation as that's what my issue was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->