Volunteering in Tanzania!

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hiya ladies!

I am a student midwife about to start my third and final year of training (SO EXCITED!). Next year, just before I qualify, I am going to be travelling to Tanzania to do a 3 weeks voluntary placement in a hospital out there. I have no doubt that it will be hard and a huge culture shock but if I can make a difference to just one woman and her baby then I feel like it's something well worth doing - especially being a mother myself!

I plan to take medical supplies to the hospital as well as clothing items, nappies etc to donate to there and a local orphanage (amongst other things) and, as I'm sure you can imagine, this is going to be pretty pricey! I have set up a GoFundMe page in order to support me and ensure that I can make the biggest difference possible when I get out there and have so far been overwhelmed by the generosity of people in my local community.

The admin here on babyandbump have very kindly approved me posting about this so here's the link to my page! Any donations would mean the absolute world to me, no matter how big or small, and if anyone feels that they could help by sharing the page elsewhere that would be absolutely incredible too.

Thank you ladies xxxx

https://www.gofundme.com/tanzania-m...95144023-87227419e13e428c&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Good luck with the fund raising lovely <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->