• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Vomitting before/during/after labor anyone?

I had severe vomiting during and after my c-section for 36 HOURS! Nothing helped! Anyone have that problem? I couldn't even hold my baby or breast feed!

Nope - wasn't sick at all throughout my pregnancy and labour! Wasn't feeling good enough during labour to eat though - I ate nothing but ice chips for hours...
xx

I was sick twice during and then once afterwards. I was a state, tbh, it went all over me because it happened faster than people could get a bowl and I was so focussed on the pain that I really didn't care. Apparently I had chips in my hair... nice!

x

I wasn't allowed to eat anything and only drank water during my labour but with every single push I threw up absolutely loads. My hubby had to stand there with bowl after bowl to catch it. I had cholestasis and my bile acid levels were more than 10 times the normal level and I was just constantly throwing up horrible bright yellow bile (sorry if tmi). It was horrid.

How old is this thread! lol.

Well i wasnt sick at all thankgod, although i felt really sick in the early stages of labour when i got to the hospital, but i begged and begged for them to give me some antisickness so that helped! x

I was sick during labour. It happened twice and the second time broke my waters.

My MW chose that point to tell me that her daughter had been 'sicked out' as the force of her being sick had brought her down the birth canal :wacko:

I heard it's quite common to vomit before/during/after labor. How manyof you had this?

Is there anything midwives can give you to stop you being sick?

I have a feeling im going to be one of the ones who end up puking all the time, and im dreading it! Just wondering if they give you something to stop it or you just have to get on with it?

Hi, I'm afraid I was sick the whole way through my labour (even before they gave me any pain relief). After I had been sick about 20 times, they eventually gave me an injection to stop it, but I still carried on for a while afterwards until it took effect. Fun!

i didnt puke once during my pregnancy, i felt sick loads but im just not a pukey person lol

but while i was in labour i was given an injection, it was because they thought i was going for a c-section and it was some top up for the epidural i think
i ended up not having a section, but when labour was over and i had been sewn up i threw up, all the midwife said was "we dont tell you that the injection will make you do that" haha

I threw up all nine months, so I wasn't surprised when I threw up right before myc-section started. Then again about an hour afterwards. I kept throwing up until I was given a shot. Can't remember what the shot was, but I was in Heaven!!!

I vomitted about 12 times in the space of 3 hours. Even if I had just a sip of water I would vomit so much it was awful!

I chucked up in the birthing centre before I got transferred, I wasnt even on gas n air!

I'd had an internal, got a massive contraction as I was trying to sit up said I felt sick so the MW fetched me a cardboard bowl...I drooled like mad for a moment or two then promptly filled 3 of the card bowls with sick lol!!

There went the lovely plate of cheese and biscuits I'd had earlier in the evening before my contractions picked up

i was sick in the first stage and had bad number 2's too! so bad that i was asked if i'd eaten during the day when taken to delivery room as there were key tones in my wee!!! i had an injection before going there to stop the sickness.

I felt sick when my pethedine was kicking in so they gave me an anti sickness jab, maybe worth asking for? x

I was sick 3 times from pain had pethidine the monday night so I could sleep and sick twice the next morning through contractions b4 I was given pain relief

Wasn't sick throughout my pregnancy

I was sick when I was on G&A :blush: I'd been fine, then all of a sudden said to my husband "I'm feeling really sick", thankfully he knew where the bowls were as my MW was out of the room! I filled 2 bowls, and still felt awful afterwards. They added something to my drip at that point and I was fine after that. I got my epidural not long after that, I guess they didn't want me vomiting while the anaesthetist was doing his thing :rofl:

I suffered with really bad morning sickness all the way from 6 weeks to when I gave birth at 40 weeks. I was SO sick when I was in labour too. Luckily, when I got to the Hospital, the Midwives were able to give me an anti-nausea injection that stopped the vomitting. I had a couple after the birth too as I had trouble eating because I felt so ill.

i spent my entire pregnancy throwing up with hyperemesis so i really worried about this! i was sick the morning of my labour, but once i got going i was fine, wasnt sick once, although i did refuse anything other than gas & air for that very reason!!

I had hyperemesis for 10 weeks during my pregnancy and vomited 3 times during labour- all towards the end though when i was going through transition. I'd been feeling pretty shaky and rough for a while so it didn't come as a surprise and OH had the bowl at the ready. I hadn't eaten for 24 hours by that point and only been allowed water throughout the labour so it was just water coming back so not too nasty and i honestly felt soooo much better afterwards and was fully dilated not long after :thumbup:

I was sick several times through the labour, i had anti sickness tablets and all i ate was a bit of toast everytime they gave me more water to drink i threw it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"