Vomitting before/during/after labor anyone?

oh this is worrying me :( I had the most awful vomitting during my daughters labour, it was so hideous, i can honestly say this is why theres a 9 year gap in between children :(

i was so traumatised ( i know thats dramatic, but i have Emetophobia)
I was sick from the minute they put in the induction drip and for the next 13 hours, all through my epidural, pushing and the stitches,
all they gave me was some chalky powdery liquid which did naff all, i had to beg for an injection hours after she was born, it seriously affected my first moments with my daughter i never held her, fed her as i was constantly vomitting,

do you think i can put on my birth plan to give me the injections during labour ?
Im also really worried about my husband seeing me, as i cant be sick in front of people (again my stupid phobia)

i sound insane :(

Aww poor you :hugs: you don't sound insane, phobias of whatever kind are very real and not something you can just "get over" :nope:

I would definitely discuss it with your midwife at some point over the coming weeks so they are aware of your fears before you actually go into labour and could maybe write something in your notes, so that when you turn up in labour whoever is looking after you will see that it's not something you're just saying because you don't want to be sick, but a real thing which needs addressing and hopefully they will give you an anti-emetic right from the start.

Good luck!

The nurses asked if I felt sick after birth... I sad no. Seconds later they hav me a bowl and I puked! :rofl:

So glad OH wasnt there to witness my bringing up of chips from a few hours before! But I was OK after that, I didnt care, I was in total shock.

I was sick in early labour, all over the bedroom carpet, poor DH had to clean it up! Luckily it was really just water that I'd been drinking during the night. I was sick a couple more times, but the last time was in the car on the way to the hospital (into a bowl luckily!). It was the only time I was sick during the full pregnancy so I can't complain too much.

I hate being nautious. I would rather be in pain than nauitious so I was so scared of puking too.

And I did puke, but it was only a "I'm going to puke" and I did (at about 6cm dilated) but then I felt better right after I did. The nausea did not linger thank goodness. So it wasn't bad at all.

Don't stress about it. The anxiety over it can make you feel more nautious than you are.

i think i must be in the minority where i wasn't sick at all!!! i was paranoid about being sick in labour sooo much but when it came to it (and i was in labour for 36 hours) i think i felt a little sick when i started on gas and air but that was it. xxx

I was soooo convinced I was going to throw up all during labour- but I only threw up once! I wouldn't have either, if they hadn't given me a drink of something that was supposed to settle my stomach acids and prevent me throwing up! It tasted like hell and burned like a shot of tequila, and that made me throw up while I was contracting. But I didn't even get nauseated for any of the rest of it, and after they delivered my placenta, I didn't get nausea or the shakes which surprised me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->