Wait 6-8 Weeks from MC for Genetic Testing?

MrsRose168

Reaction score
Hi there, we are TTC #1 and I'm experiencing my 3rd chemical in a row right now. I have low Progesterone so I took it 3dpo this cycle thinking that might be the cause of our issues but unfortunately I'm having another CP anyways. The doctor suggested waiting a cycle after my last CP but I didn't wait b/c I really thought the Progesterone would help.

Anyways, she wants me to get some tests done: Carrier Mapping and Karyotyping Tests for DH and me, and Thrombophilia (blood clotting test) for me and another SA for DH. However, she said that I need to wait 6-8 weeks after the MC to have the testing done b/c the HCG could skew the results. It just seems strange that HCG could impact genetic testing results. Not to mention that my HCG has never gotten high--the highest it's been is 23. Has anyone else been given the same info?

Would really appreciate any insight you have!

Hi Mrs Rose

I have never heard of waiting of HCG having an impact. Maybe that's why me and DH are having our bloods done when the tests come back from the embryo?
I had a MMC 3 weeks ago and this was our third in a row. They said that they would do genetics testing on my pregnancy tissue. The results will take approx 8 weeks. They then said about us both having bloods taken when we are called back. So maybe that's why because of the HCG? My HCG was very high but it would be back to zero now. Doesn't makes sense does it?
If your HCG was very low then why can't they do it now?
Wish I had answers for you. So sorry you are having to go through this mess. Hoepfully your tests come up with some some answers 😊

Thanks, Trying. I heard back from my dr and she said you actually can have the genetic testing done at any point (the nurse was wrong). I'm due to have all my testing done on March 1st.

I also got my results back and my HCG was still a 6 on Thursday--the same as Monday, and she thinks that's an indication that it was not a CP after all. She also said I could still come in on March 1st for genetic testing and blood clot testing as scheduled--no need to push it back.

The weird thing is that my HCG last month went back below 5 so I'm curious why/how my HCG is now at a 6. I'm trying to google if it's normal for HCG to fluctuate without being pregnant but haven't been able to find anything. I asked her that and if she had any concerns that my HCG wasn't below 5 since that's her normal threshold of completing a CP, so we'll see what she says. So weird!!!

Good luck on your upcoming tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"