Wait for the O... or just go for it?

coucou11

Reaction score
Quick question - trying for a boy. Heard that BD closer to O makes that more likely. I had a close-to-positive OPK at 2:30 this afternoon and a positive (equally dark line) OPK at 8pm tonight.

So... BD in the morning (like 6am) to try to get as close as possible to O? Or is that just too big a risk to miss the egg, and we should go for it tonight (and tomorrow night and the night after haha)?

Also - what's the consensus on BD in the shower? I can't seem to find anything online about that (except for people wondering if they can avoid getting pregnant by having sex in the shower, haha).

Thank you!!

I can't help you with the boy thing since I don't have any children yet. But sex is sex. You can get pregnant having sex in the shower :haha:

And most people tend to have Sex in the few days leading up to ovulation as well. The sperm can live for a couple of days, so having sex before ovulation can mean you can get pregnant.

have you charted or temped any previous months? if you have anything that leads you to believe you don't O right after a positive, then it might be okay to wait, but if not...some people get a couple days of positive OPKs, others get one and then it's negative.:shrug:

i am trying to get pregnant AT ALL, so i'd be all over my husband at anything the looked even close to a positive, but that's me:rofl:

Thanks! Yeah I have only been temping for this month (and then a long time ago) so I don't have enough to go on yet to determine when O occurs. We ended up waiting until early this morning, so we'll see! If we missed the egg this month I think I'll just chuck it and stop trying to time it all out next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->