Waiting for number 2..thoughts on age gaps?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
I read an article about loving having 2 kids last night and now I'm ready for #2 like now!
I originally wanted a 3 year age gap but I don't think I can wait! 2 is still so much of a baby but by 3 he will have a 1 year old playmate!

Age gap thoughts?
Is 3 years and 2 years really that big of a difference?

Personally, I find my toddler still requiring a lot of attention. I was initially thinking a 3 year gap, but realized that 4 years is more tolerable in terms of my sanity :lol:

Well, My sister and I have three and a half years and we never had anything in common. My husband and his two sisters are three years apart(as in a child, three years, a child, three years, etc.) and they are really close not as adults. I don't think the age gap will affect their relationship too much.

I have 3y10m between my 3 boys! There's a gap of 2y7m and then a 15m gap.

I love how close they are, and would do it all over again. In fact I wanted to! lol If I could have I'd have had another one come along NOW! lol :blush: I'm in full on baby-management mode and already as sleep deprived as they come. The house is proofed, I have the car seats, the pushchairs and the toys and equipment. My lovely boys play together and love one another so much. I haven't found one issue with the closeness of either of their age gap....oh I tell a lie. There is one. I have had to buy them a new bed - Charlie needed the cot bed in cot mode when Edward had it in bed mode - so I had to buy a toddler bed. That's it! lol

I won't lie. It's hard work, it's a lot of tired days and sleepless nights. It's a LOT of nappies, and it's a lot of tears and tantrums from everyone at times, but those times are outnumbered and outshne by the lovely moments they share!

Good luck

There's 21 months between my 2 and it has worked out great. Now they are 3.5 and almost 2 and they are best buddies, they play together and entertain each other which gives me a bit of a break! There will be about 2.5 years between my 2nd and 3rd and just over 4 years between my 1st and 3rd and I'm hoping that they'll all play together. There's 2 years between me and my older brother and 2 years between me and my younger brother and we were (still are) very close and had great fun playing together.

i wanted less than 2 years, and when i got pregnant w the miscarriage they would have had a 20m gap.
my kids now are 2 yr 2 m apart and i love it!
they were far enough apart for me to be incredible sick during pregnancy, my daughter was potty trained etc.
having a 2 yr old and a newborn was EASY!
And here school starts at 5, and at 2 they become fun and into the age they can play with each other. this past year they were 4 and 2 and entertained themselves a lot! pretend play, her teaching him etc! it has been a joy!

My daughter is 21 months and is still a total BABY!!! I could not imagine a newborn right now!!!!! The plan is to have baby #2 at the end of next summer when my daughter is going to be 3... hopefully by then she will be a little more independent (ex. potty trained, no more bottle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->