Waiting on a job to start trying. :/

Aerith07

Reaction score
Anyone else is WTT limbo? We're not in the best financial situation and have been searching for a better job for almost a year so we can start TTC.

It's so hard waiting on something that is out of your control. *sigh*

How are you ladies holding up? Want to hang out while we are in WTT limbo? Haha.

Oh and we have two boys. WTT for our 3rd baby.

I WAS looking for a new job a few months ago so I'd be in a better situation for a baby. My reasons were, currently I work part time over 4 short days, I wanted to get a job where I'd be working same hours but over 2 full days to make it easier for childcare with a baby. Howeve I have decided to stay where I am and start trying in October after my holiday. If I had gotten a new job I probably would have put off ttc for a year cos I'd feel guilty (that's just me) about going on mat leave so soon. I've been with my company 5 years now so I think that warrants some mat leave. Lol

I was a teenage mum so went into what ever job could, with no qualifications. It was financial service, I worked in pensions for about 10 years and had my babies. My husband and I decided to wait till he was in a good job that meant I could go to college. I started college and he became disabled a month afterwards - I was unexpectedly pregnant with our 4th and started college in January 2012, had the baby in the summer break (June 2012) and went back to college in the August 2012.

Anyway I’m about to graduate from university after 4 years and an extra 2.5 years at college. I’m applying for jobs just now and want another baby so yeah I’m waiting until I get in a job before try. I’m also waiting on my surgeon giving me the go ahead as I’ve had 4 cs already. We just bought our first house in September and if we hadn’t I would probably already be pregnant, but just wanted to share that we are in the same boat. It’s frustrating coz I’m so broody!

I feel a bit in limbo too.
I’m on a fixed contract and hoping to start a PhD this year either full time or part time whilst working part time. It all just makes thinking about a baby scary not having that long term financial security if that makes sense.

I’d love to be on a permenant contract before ttc but it may not work out that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->