Waiting so long

Elizabeth1988

Reaction score
Hey everyone how do use get over them worries of finding out that your pregnant way to early I'm convinced something's gonna happen especially because I don't know how far gone I am either :nope:

I know the feeling! This is the first 'sticky bean' I've ever had, so I've always got a nagging feeling that something will go wrong. My previous losses have been between 4 & 5 weeks, though, and I'll be 8w tomorrow, so that's promising. I also got my first round of bloods back and everything was great, according to the doctor. That really put my mind at ease, hearing that.

In general, I keep reminding myself that the bloating, breast tenderness, etc. I'm feeling (even if it's not constant) are good signs, and I keep checking every time I use the toilet to make sure I haven't started spotting. I'm seriously wondering if I'll be doing that the whole pregnancy, or if I'll get used to the idea that this one's sticking some time soon.

I got my first positive at 3w4d so I was super early and EXTREMELY anxious!! But I just had to remind myself that it was in God's hands and I couldn't change anything that happened, I could only take care of myself. I'm now almost 9w and it gets better everyday! Just relax and my best advice would be to enjoy every moment you're pregnant. Because no matter what happens tomorrow as for today, you're pregnant!! And that's a miracle and something that should be enjoyed <3 :hugs:

It's based on the first day of your last period. Google a pregnancy calculator (there are loads of them!) and enter in the date of the first day of your last period and it'll tell you how many weeks along you are :)

I just can't physically remember at all I'm gonna have to go get a Clear blue x

My husband was working away most of January so I know the exact date of dtd!

If you can't remember, just make a good guess. How long are your cycles normally (from period to period)? When were you expecting your period to show up again? It's okay if you're off by a little bit, because they'll measure the fetus at your first scan and adjust your dates.

The traditional 'count from your last period' method is only accurate if you have a 28 day cycle, anyway, so most women who do know their last cycle date won't get a completely accurate number by that method. It's just a good place to start.

My 'official' due date right now, as calculated by my doctor, is October 13th, which makes me 8 weeks today. It's been 8 weeks since my last period. In truth, I have a 35 day cycle. If I use an online due date calculator that takes cycle length into consideration, it tells me I'm actually only 7 weeks, due October 20th. I expect when I get my first scan, that's also what they'll say.

I have 35 day cycles on average too but incredibly, I must have had my once in a blue moon 'regular' cycle when we conceived as my due date has been the same the whole way through. Based on my last period, it was 11th May and my 12, 20 & 28 weeks scans have all put me at the same date! I'm hoping it's a sign she'll come on time ;)

Totally agree with the above ^ base it on your usual cycle length roughly? Can you pin point being on your period last month to a particular event? I.e. A party or a meal out or even a meeting at work etc. where you distinctly remember being on your period and needing to take supplies?

Clear Blue will give you a rough guide but if you are above 3 weeks, it's not that helpful! I wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't really matter who far along you are, just remember to cut out the foods/drink you are not meant to eat etc and take care of yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->