Waiting ti try after mc

mrsG5

mummy to thomas
Reaction score
Hi Girls, I hope this is the right place to post. just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I was told i had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. The baby stopped growing at 7w3d. I started to miscarry naturally on 20/2/10 and ended up having an ERPC 25/2/10. I has very little bleeding after the ERPC.

All the bleeding has stopped apart from slight brown staining. I've taken some Instalert pregnancy tests which are sensitive to 10mIU GCH, and both are positive although faint.

LMP 2/12/09
BFP 31/12/09
MC 20/2/10
ERCP 25/2/10

My question is.

Any idea when I will get a negative test?
Can I ovulate before I get a negative test?
When will I ovulate?
Can I start having unprotected sex again considering I'm not passing frank blood or is there still infection risk?
Other than dating reasons, is there any reason why I should have one cycle before trying again?

Im dying to start trying again but am also worried it wont happen soon and I might mc again. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi Girls, I hope this is the right place to post. just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I was told i had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. The baby stopped growing at 7w3d. I started to miscarry naturally on 20/2/10 and ended up having an ERPC 25/2/10. I has very little bleeding after the ERPC.

All the bleeding has stopped apart from slight brown staining. I've taken some Instalert pregnancy tests which are sensitive to 10mIU GCH, and both are positive although faint.

LMP 2/12/09
BFP 31/12/09
MC 20/2/10
ERCP 25/2/10

My question is.

Any idea when I will get a negative test?
Can I ovulate before I get a negative test?
When will I ovulate?
Can I start having unprotected sex again considering I'm not passing frank blood or is there still infection risk?
Other than dating reasons, is there any reason why I should have one cycle before trying again?

Im dying to start trying again but am also worried it wont happen soon and I might mc again. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi
so sorry for your loss i m/c on 14th feb i was 8 weeks but baby died at 6 i had procedure done 20th Feb. the doc told me not to have sex for 2 weeks as the cervix is still open and could cause infection. he also told me to spend the time waiting for my first period building up my body with healthy eating cuz if it happens to soon you could m/c again. I am dying to try again to and am ok at the minute but if i dont conceive soon after trying it might be a different matter all together. Good luck x

Hi Mrs

I found this link useful :

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm

Sorry for your loss - Wishing you healing and baby dust to use when you're ready hx

thanks hb1. Thats really useful. I'd been on that site but did totally missed it. Obviously cant see the wood for the trees at the moment. Think I'm going to wait for 1 cycle and see what happens after that. Roll on the negative test!

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel about all of your questions...I have been wondering the same after having my d and c on 19th Feb after MMC at 12 weeks (baby stopped growing about 7 weeks aswell). I am actually quite scared to take a test as I don't want to see it positive. My bleeding seems to have gone now which is a good thing.

I was told by my doctor that AF should arrive 4 - 6 weeks after the procedure, which would mean would OV about 2 - 4 weeks after it although I think this is a rough guide and can be different for everyone. There is a lot of different opinions on the Internet about whether or not to wait for 1 cycle, some Dr's say to wait as it may increase the risk of another MC, whereas some say that is rubbish and your body would not fall pg if not ready and waiting only makes it easier to date your pregnancy.

We have decided just to chill out for the next couple of months, if it happens great, but I'm not yet up for all the manic symptom spotting etc!! Have got a holiday in a couple of weeks to look forward to which is taking my mind off things.

Good luck for a quick BFP x

Sorry to hear of your loss Mrs G5. My heart goes out to you.

I hope this will help answer a few questions.

I had a missed mc at my 12+6 dating scan (baby died around 10 weeks) I had already seen the little heartbeat and healthy baby at 8 weeks)

I had my ERPC on 13th jan. Bled lightly for 3 days and (sorry TMI) then 10 days of brownish dishcharge. I tested positive still at 2.5 weeks but at 3 weeks it was finally negative. I actually got my first AF 4 weeks after my op and I had a positive line on my OV test last week. To be honest, we found it hard to "properly try" but did it twice.I know it only takes once! I am due AF next Sunday so who knows.

the doctor told me to wait one period mainly for dating purposes but also to allow your body to expel any old blood or clots etc, Even with an operation the body can still hold on to remains. Sorry, I dont know the best way to word this! but for me I did have a day in my period that was heavy and I now feel much better for waiting. I want to give my next pregnanct every chance of being safe.

Please contact me if you want to ask any questions or just chat. I am new here and so soon after my mc I need as much support as you!

Hugs
xxx

xx

Hi Stardust, thanks for that. Fingers crossed for the 14th that you get the result you want.

Peggy I think you have the right frame of mind. Im sure if I relaxed a little time will pass a little quicker. Hope to hear some good news from you both soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->