Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Tmb0047

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm looking for a few buddies who are waiting till the new year to start TTC.

I have PCOS and am going to spend the next few months trying to regulate my cycles and figure out my body.

We will be trying for our 4th and final baby.

Any ladies wanted to be buddies please feel free to post :)

Still looking for some buddies :) Please join me!

Hi there tmb0047!
I am hoping to TTC at the end of December 2013 so that is close to your date! The plan is for 31st Dec as the beginning of TTC but of course it all depends on cycles and what not as mine are all out of whack even with BCPs :(

Hello aoife! Thanks for joining me :) My name is Tasha.

Id say december 31 and january 1 are close enough for us to be buddies in this waiting game! How long are your cycles right now? I finished up with breast feeding my youngest about 2 1/2 months ago. I got AF for the first time since his birth during the weening process. I have PCOS and have stupid long cycle...like 100 days plus! I researched an herb called vitex and started taking it about 35 days in to my cycle...to my surprise AF showed up on CD68 :) I'm on CD7 now and am hoping for a 45 day or less cycle....I'd be super happy with that!

What's your story?

Me me me!! We are going to start trying for our first in January ... totally terrified - like you, I am going to try to get my cycle in tip-top condition beforehand, as it is a little irregular at the moment. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Meep. x

I'll join you :D I'm WTT my first in January and in the meantime, I've come off the pill, am starting tracking, trying to lose some more weight (nearly lost 2 stone so far but still plenty more to go haha) and taking prenatals. Only 12 weeks till the end of the year ladies, exciting!!!! xx

Have you started tracking yet? I really want to try it, as I have this stupid worry that I'm not ovulating (even though most signs my body gives out tell me that I am), but I'm really scared that it will just make me MORE confused!! If you've started already, how is it going? Are your results easy to understand?

Meep. x

Hello! Great to have ome buddies in here!

Meep and Laura - I track my cycles on fertilityfriend.com. It's a free website and it is very useful. With my PCOS I typically only get AF maybe twice a year. Currently I am temping as well as taking OPKs in order to catch ovulation so we know when to be careful. I am taking an herb called vitex in hopes that is will help with my cycle. I took it last cycle and AF cam after taking it for about 20 days. It's cycle I've been taking it since CD1 and I'm hoping to have a cycle of 45 days or less....I'm on CD14 right now :)

Why are you both waiting till January? We are waiting because my husband works extremely long hours all summer so we would like to have a fall/winter baby so that he will be able to be around more.

Very excited t have to both here with me....I was getting lonely :) BTW, my name is Tasha and I from Manitoba, Canada.

Hi!!

Sounds like a great website - I am totally obsessed with my cycles at the moment so I will definitely check that out. At the moment I am just keeping (rather amateur) records of them on my phone!

Good luck with the temping. I really think I should start doing that. I don't have PCOS, but I am never really sure when I'm about to ovulate, or exactly how long my LP is.

Is that Agnus Castus? I've heard brilliant things about it - amazing really, the power of nature and all that. Lots of people with quite severe cycle lengths have got them down to a pretty average sort of span by taking it. Really hope it works well for you!!
Sounds like it's working already!

We are waiting until January because we both want the new year to be a new start for us, mainly. 2013 has been, to be honest, a bit crap! I've also got a bit of studying to complete by the end of October. January 1, 2014, just seemed a sensible time to get going!

Meep. x

Me too! I just started taking pre natal vitamins as I've had a lot of problems with anaemia and folic acid levels in the past...so want to get a nice store of vitamins before we start...and get one last holiday in! Not too long now!

January 2014 is just a date that DH and I agreed on back in June - think it seemed sufficiently long enough away for him at the time haha! But i need a few months to shift a bit more weight. Have started using Fertility Friend as well- I'm terrible at temping though, i keep forgetting and jumping out of bed and then its too late :/ xx

We're TTC as of New Years as well! And I also have PCOS! Number one for us, though.

Hi ladies, my names Heather and we are hopefully TTC in January for child number 2.
The reason for waiting until then is we both need to lose weight, we have been dieting for 2 weeks so far and I've lost 1 stone (14 pounds) and hubby about 16 pounds.
We did actually start TTC in march this year until august and it didn't really run smoothly so I decided to set a goal of getting my weight down to just under 30 BMI mark and then start trying again, I can continue losing while TTC also.
My cycles are long also :( I did go for about a year where they got pretty normal anything between 31-35 days long but my last 2 cycles have gone crazy again 43 and 46 :(
I'm not currently taking prenatals, I was taking pregnacare conception vitamins from February to august but I'm not sure if I will start taking any again until January yet.

Waiting to try January 2014 for our 1st! DH and I are celebrating our 2-year anniversary this Tuesday! We are waiting to get new insurance coverage before we begin TTC! I am so excited, I have been baby-obsessed! I am extremely interested in aiming for a natural water birth at a birthing center, but we shall see how things go! Don't see how I'm going to make it to January! Time is standing still!

Kendall, St. Louis, MO, USA

Jt - good luck getting your body ready :) Hopefully you'll be ready when the time comes and have no trouble conceiving!

Laura - temping is a pain but it does get easier. It's okay to miss a temp here or there. I usually miss 2 a week but it doesn't really affect my chart overall :) Keep at it!

Angie and Jessica - Welcome :) By the looks of your profile pics you are both cat lovers :)

Dream - happy anniversary! It may feel like time is standing still but it will be here before you know it!

Meep - what's up? How are you doing? Vitex is the angus castes. I'm sure hoping I have luck with it!

Aoife - you still around? How are you?

AFM - had a great Thanksgiving :) Ate a ton! I'm on CD17 and I've started OPKing in order to pinpoint ovulation so we don't end up with a surprise this cycle. No positive yet, but tests are getting darker :) I've been really good with all my vitamins....haven't missed a day yet......and I'm still feeling really good about this cycle!

Hello there :),Just found out I am not immune to rubella, so need to skip ttc till 2014 as it's a live vaccine. So we're back wtt mode. I'm spending my free time making loads of chutney :D

Hehe yep I am a crazy cat lady. Absolutely love cats. :)

Hey tmb and everyone,

Boyfriend and I may well have conceived this month, sort of by accident! I ovulated (based on really strong signs at least) earlier than I thought I was going to and we had been having unprotected sex, so we decided to keep doing it and see what happened! It's a little earlier than we had planned but I can't pretend I wouldn't be happy if I turned out pregnant! I've whipped out my box of prenatals just in case. Pretty excited really - here's hoping!! I guess it's more likely to be negative than positive though - and if it is negative, I think we will just go back to our original plan ... though I have been studying super hard to finish my course and should be done by Halloween!

Meep. x

Hehe yep I am a crazy cat lady. Absolutely love cats. :)

:haha: this is what I call myself "crazy cat lady", I was just looking last night on The cat's protection website and there was this door mat you could buy that said "a crazy cat lady lives here", I really want to get it now for our new house lol

Angie and jes - hehe....hopefully the cats can handle a new cute little baby taking away some of there attention! I had 2 cats. It had to give them away when I found out my daughter was allergic :( We now have a dog...she is a lab husky mix :)

Meep - how exciting :) Ill keep my fx for a little surprise! It's hard to want to prevent when the date really isn't that far off! Way to go with the hard work and possibly being done your course by Halloween. Good for you!

AFM - I think I may have got a positive OPK yesterday (not sure though)...anyway, I was tempted to *forget* to relay this information to DH but in the end my conscious got the best of me and I did let him know, hehe :) I'm so ready but a July baby would be rough as it is a super busy month for DH at work and I wouldn't have him around much to help until the fall so I know it's better to wait for October-March baby as it would mean that DH would have time at home as well as be home from work earlier all winter :)
I'm not sure if I did O or not. Temp was up a bit this morning but not yet enough to confirm O.....guess Ill just have to wait and see what the next few days bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->