"Waiting" to decide whether or not to WTT

pamela3340

Reaction score
Getting on board whether or not to TTC #3 has been an ongoing process the past several years. I have 2 kids ages 10 and 8, from a previous relationship. DH has always wanted one of his/our own. We put it off due to either poor finances, stress, or lack of desire at the time. Well, we finally had a long discussion about needing to get off the fence and make a decision if TTC is right for us!

Finances aren't great but aren't terrible either, at the moment. DH is concerned about age- he is going to be 37 and I will be 33. We both feel a sense of urgency to move forward with "yes lets do this" or "not right for us" due to quickly approaching our mid to late 30s and declining fertility. We are planning to move come spring/summer 2016 and feel that between now and spring we can continue to ponder ttc and continue to conversations. So, while no definitive ttc plans are down the pike, I feel this is a step in a right direction! Keep your fingers crossed and positive thoughts that TTC may soon be a reality! :happydance:

Hi, good luck with your decision. Somehow I can relate wanting a 3rd child. But for us, it's just not possible as our kids are still very young and we're also not doing well financially. We wanted to buy our first house first, of course through mortgage, but even that is a huge challenge with only a single source of income.
I'm also 33, and we probably need 4-5 years for the house deposit, so we're looking at 37 to start TTC#3.

Once we had our son, he's our second child, we said NO MORE KIDS, but last month I had a pregnancy scare, which turned into a switch for me. I have been constantly thinking about it and honestly I think he has been too. He went from "no more kids" to "maybe once we get in a house" in a matter of a few weeks. Before it wasn't an option because I never made enough money, but I just recently started a new job where that won't be a problem anymore. Now I'm just nervous about having another kid running around the house, but it's a very very excited type of nervous. Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->