Waiting to start IVF in January anyone else?

nimbec

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

I am booked in for my first IVF cycle starting in January, we cannot afford to pay for it until the first week in Jan so that is the delay. I am doing the short protocol because I have a high AMH 62.5 and PCOS. I'm extremely anxious i want this to work so badly and it seems so far away at the moment!! Can anyone recommend anything i should do/take to optimise the chances of it working? I'm a normal weight, have a reasonably healthy diet and am having reflexology (i tried acupuncture and i had a terrible reaction so they wouldn't treat me lol)

I have tried lots of rounds of clomid with triggers, lots of soft cups, guifasien, honey & cinemon - you name it i may have tried it lol!

Good luck to everyone and lots of baby dust!! :dust::dust:

Hi! You do have high amh and risk for ohss so be prepared for a fet just in case. Just stay healthy at this point. Take a good multivitamin

I probably will be doing ivf #2 in January. My clinic closes mid nov-December but I can start bcp then so I imagine the ec will be January. I will most likely do a freeze all cycle just because that is what works for me and potentially generic screening. Will see.

Exciting times ahead!

Hi Mobaby

Thanks for your reply!! Yes the amh is really high, hence the short protocol and they will start me on a low dose stimms and go from there! Yes of course i hadn't thought of the possibility of no transfer....gosh i hope in that case i have plently to freeze! Is there a reason the frozen works best for you that you know of? I'm taking a pregnancy multivitamin already and generally being healthy so fx doing everything I should!

I notice from your siggy you have an appt november - do you have a date yet? I guess this is to get the ball rolling for number 2? Congratulations on your baby boy as well!! I also have a march baby but 2013 :)

I have a consult nov 6 and I imagine I will have labs that day or with next af. Af due nov 1st so I think it's a bit late to do labs since it will be cd5-6 so I'll probably wait until af which is set to start nov 29/30 and do labs and start bcp with stims in january sometime.

I will do the short protocol as well but with norm dose stims. I respond much better to that protocol.

Reason for frozen is that my body doesn't do well as pregnancy is concerned with all the extra estrogen and artificial hormones. We've narrowed it down through all my failure that what works for my body is letting nature do it's thing and doing a frozen transfer. I'm hoping to do the frozen transfer around my sons 1 yr birthday in March. I want my children to be close in age and our next will be our last as we can't afford to keep doing ivf in the future if we want to have savings and such for our children. Hoping this cycle works because it's one and done and if it doesn't work after using all our embryos then we will call it quits.

I completely understand how you feel about costs and saving for the future. We can only afford to pay for 2 fresh rounds and any frosties we may get. I have struggled massively with whether we should be doing this or not because of the financial implications BUT i would love a sibling for my little boy!! Like you though i don't want a big age gap.

Its great that you know know what works best for you body - i really hope you get that bfp first go!! fx for you.

xx

Hi ladies may I join??

We're hoping to start ICSI in jan aswell, no definate date just yet as we're self funding through the nhs so at this point we're still subject to there waiting lists. Things have been moving along though so there hopeful for starting around jan time.

We've had our initial consultation and DH has been back to give a sample to freeze incase the fresh one isn't too hot on the day. I've also got a scan on the 4th nov (the one with the long name where they inject you with dye to make sure there are no blockages) then we should hopefully get our next appt quite soon after then so it would be nice to have some buddies to go through this with.

Just now I'm focussing on changing my diet a bit and been driving myself crazy looking up foods you should be eating and ones you should avoid. Do any of you have any advice??

Thanks! Xx

Hi Cmo welcome :)

Sorry to hear you are struggling ttc! I too have been googling like mad and from what i can fathom...general healthy eating and a low sugar diet is key - and LOTS of water ....they say 2-3 litres a day. I'm slowly getting there i'm upto between 1.5-2 i'm terrible normally i hardly drink so its something i'm really trying hard with! Hope your HSG goes well FX they find no blockages although even if there where it wouldn't affect you as from what i understand you don't need your tubes in IVF.

Gosh self funding through the nhs? out of interest what made you choose to do that rather than go to a private clinic? I wish the nhs would help us for free we pay enough in taxes!

Would be great to keep in touch ladies and it will be xmas soon then onto jan :)

I know there's so much to add in and cut out. I've been trying to cut caffeine out and I've had a thumping sore head all week! Also been reading that full fat milk, yogurt etc is better than fat free which goes against everything I normally have in my diet as I try to watch calories. Apparantly advocados are really good aswell so trying to eat half a day but they're so bland!

We chose to go through nhs cos it works out a bit cheaper than private and they also cover all scans, bloods etc which is good especially if we need more than one cycle but as I mentioned we are subject to their waiting times just now but after next scan we get out proper fertility referral and there is currently no waiting list for self funding so we should move a bit quicker. I also work at the hospital so it's a bit easier to nip away for appointments. Plus we won't have the funds until dec so it's no problem waiting for now.

The private clinic is about 5 mins away from nhs hospital and it's exactly the same doctors that do both so it really didn't make too much if a difference for us xx

Ahh that makes sense now sorry for being nosey! I have read the same as you about full fat dairy..ugh i'm not a dairy fan anyway so its super hard for me - going to try and do porridge with full fat milk... avacados i have been trying to do 1 every other day....they hide quite well in a ham salad sandwich or are nice with prawns brown bread and some cocktail sauce hehe just not on their own lol! I don't mind them tho although by jan i may be sick of them !! I don't drink tea/coffee but have had to curb my diet coke and squash habbits...mostly water here now with the odd treat!

Speak soon ladies x

Hi:wave:
We're doing icsi hopefully January. We're doing our one NHS cycle then looking at adoption/childfree (although unbeknownst to DH picking up shifts at work in meantime in case decide want to try another cycle) We could have started this cycle but that would‘ve put otd at around round Christmas eve. As i'm already freaking at the prospect of doing this we decided that dealing with watever the outcome may be along with various family commitments and a body pumped full of hormones over the festive period was a recipe for disaster.
May not be able to start till end of Jan but will ring on Nov period hoping to start down reg late Dec, then stims over New year.
Seems ages away now but bet before we know we`ll be counting our follies, injecting ourselves and tucking into avocado (love avocado, plain/guacamole/whatevs!)

Hi Comfycushions :) Seems like we will all be on a simular schedule! I also have to ring with my november period and then they will taper my cyle in a way that they can work around ec....not quite sure how they do this as i will be on short protocol so no bc....interested to find out anyway in 3 weeks time.

I found some left over clomid in my cupboard so have taken it this cycle...naughty i know but i thought what the heck i've had plenty of the stuff before! Just hoping that it won't affect the IVF meds.....I wouln't be stimming till Jan so i can't see it being a problem!

Hi Ladies, mind if I join?

I suppose to start today w/ Stims. Alas, my estrogen level was high and I had cysts so my cycle was cancel. Now, we have to wait until January to do the IVF since my RE only does IVF on odd months (weird...I know :)). But nothing much we could do at this point, they have our money lol.

Like everyone else, I am suppose to let them know when AF arrives in November. I suppose to start w/ BCP to suppress the cysts. They are giving me stronger BCP this time but I have a weird feeling that I didn't take the BCP correctly the last time. Oh well, will ask the nurse again.

I will be on the Antagonist protocol, which I think it's similar to short protocol. 11 days of stim (more or less) then EC and ET. My schedule for the EC is around the week of 01/11/15.

Cmo, hopefully your tubes are not blocked. Mine were blocked and had to do tubal litigation before IVF. The reason why is because some blocked tubes produced a liquid (hydrosalpinx), which acts like a natural birth control pill. There are 2 ways to take care of hydrosalpinx: 1. tubal ligation. 2. Essure, which is coils that they insert at the beginning of the fallopian tubes. I prefer 1 since I didn't hear good things about #2. Plus, if you do #2, you won't be able to do IVF for 6 months. So hopefully, your tubes are clear :D.

Regarding diet, I try to add more fruit and vegetable in my diet. Lean meat, less fat, less carbs, and no fast food. RE recommends daily vitamins but I do take extra folic acid once in a while. Love avocado but it's a bit high in fat for me. I'd make it as guacamole and eat it with chips or you can put it in your wrap or sandwiches. I also love eating with sugar (yea. I am weird). Some times, I blend it w/ sugar and milk so it has creamy consistency and then put it in the freezer. Voila...ice cream :p.

I've read that keeping your feet warm after ET can help w/ implantation. Not sure if it's a myth or true science. Supposedly your feet have a lot of nerves and keeping it warm will feed blood to your body smoothly.

Sorry for the long post ladies :blush:. Got a little carried away :p.

Hi comfy cushions and ilovetomatoes hope we get a nice wee support group together to help us all through this journey!

I can't wait to get started now. I'm obsessing about everything and I think it's cos I got no control over anything just now. Just keep thinking it's almost Xmas then it'll be jan before we know it xx

Cmo...I started X-mas shopping early to ease my mind :D. 2 more months! Hopefully time flies quickly.

Hi ladies

We're starting in January too! We're doing fet with my clinic. We've got two frozen ones from our first round of ivf, that we are thinking about transferring both - clinic dependent.

We had a daughter who is 8 months old and our little miracle. We'd tried for four years to fall pregnant only for my tubes to be badly damaged. One failed ivf round led to me having a laparscopy and amazingly fell pregnant naturally on my first cycle after my lap - doctor gave me ridiculous odds of that ever happening

Likklegemz hi and congratulations on a natural pregnancy! What a lovely surprise for you and a great reminder that it can happen despite the odds! Xx

Hi and welcome ilovetomatoes & likklegemz :flower:

Hope everyone is ok and had a good weekend?!

Yeah it was a natural one, took everyone by surprise I think. Had my lap on 1st May and fell pregnant on that cycle. Ridiculous odds of it happening but we're over the moon! Still pinch myself!

We're going to try for a sibling in January using our frozen embryos.

How was your weekend?

I had a fab weekend! It was my younger brothers 30th so a full weekend of celebrations. Still a little delicate today from it all!

I'm off to benidorm with a group of girl friends on fri for 5 nights which I'm super excited for. We do it every nov so determined to enjoy it as I'm hoping to not be able to go next year! And my last big blow out on the drink before I seriously attempt to scale it back a bit.

Hope your well xx

Hi Ladies,

Weekend flew by too fast for sure.

LG, FX for your FET. I am sure it'll be successful :). I just found out this weekend that one of my GF just did her FET and currently pregnant. Her eldest was conceived through IVF and the second one was an oopsss....I thought I couldn't get pregnant naturally but here comes a baby! :D. She has 2 frozen embies left and planning to do another FET (after giving birth to the current one) later.

CMo, I am jealous! hahahaha Girl's weekend sound fun :). Ohhh btw, I heard red wines are really good for TTC. It soften up your uterus to make it easier for implantation...not sure if it'll work w/ IVF though.

Nimbec, how are you?

Afm, my body is still recovering from BCP. I was put on BCP for 2 months to help w/ cysts, which didn't help at all but I think I missed an instruction somewhere. A little TMI here, just got my period last friday, but it was such a short period and barely bleed at all. Overall only 3 days worth of bleeding, which barely filled a pad. Btw, this is my first time taking BCP. So, any ladies know if this is normal? Otherwise, life is pretty quiet on my side beside exercising, eating right, and prepping for Thanksgiving :).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"