Waiting to try after MC

joo

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Last time i was in WTT section was before I fell pregnant with my daughter in 2012!

We started TTC about 7 months ago, got my BFP July 4th however found out on Monday my baby had died. I had an ERPC yesterday and immediately felt better. So now just waiting to try again.

I was advised by the nurse to wait 3 months to recover emotionally and physically and let my cycles regulate again, however the general advice is it is safe to start TTC straight away but better to wait until after 1st period so they can date the pregnancy. I think I'll be looking at about 4-6 weeks, anyone else TTC then? Would be nice to see the same people through to TTC and beyond :) xx

So sorry for your loss :(
We will be TTC #1 in around 5-6 weeks time xx

Sorry for your loss Joo, we are TTC for our first in Dec xx

Thank you ladies.

What are your reasons for waiting until then? Xx

We have a holiday to Florida booked, that we've been looking forward to and saving for for ages, and we're going to start TTC when we get back, I wish we could start now though, but not long to go x

I'm wanting to build up my fitness and get myself to the ideal BMI, along with making dietary changes (I'm such a tea lover and wanting to cut it down to 2 a day). I'm also starting a fitness plan that I can take throughout pregnancy and beyond. I've been reading up on the importance of prep for at least 3 months before conception. My waiting to try impatience has made me into a research junkie, I also work in child development and attachment so it appeals to my nature :blush:

What have you been doing to prepare Mrs P? I'm also trying to lose weight and improve my fitness x

I've been off for a few days - after I got over having the procedure done after my MC, it all started to sink in. Yesterday was the worst, I was welling up all day! Today has been better as I'm back at home and on the way to getting back to normal. I think I just needed time to accept it, surprised me because I thought I'd be ok and had already prepared myself for the loss! Now just trying to think about when to start trying again.

Wow Lulabelle, your trip to Florida sounds amazing! I understand why you are waiting, it will fly by though!

MrsP - that's great you are preparing your body to be in tip top shape, great idea! I used to be a tea drinker. I cut right down and now only drink tea/coffee while out visiting or at cafes. I switched to boiled water with a slice of lemon and the weight fell off me! I didn't do it to lose weight, more to just feel better, bit it was a welcome result. Xx

Joo sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away for my birthday. How are you feeling? I think no matter how much you can try and prepare yourself the reality is always different and you'll probably be up and down for a while. I'm thinking of you :hugs:

Thanks for the tip on the hot water, I will certainly give that a go (any added benefits are certainly welcome). I've been hideous for tea whilst I've been away and today with unpacking and getting things 'back to normal' it's been constant.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->