Waiting to try after Vasectomy reversal

Pink.Rose

Reaction score
Hi all! I am so excited to be here! I'm 30 years old (hubby is 33) with 3 kiddos. 2 boys ages 10 and 6, and a girl who just turned 9. We are currently waiting to try again as my husband had a vasectomy reversal earlier this week!!

Hubby is also active duty and going TDY (temporary duty) next month until February, so the plan is to start trying as soon as he comes back!! In the mean time, once my next cycle starts, I am going to be preparing by starting supplements and tracking ovulation.

I am hopeful that his quantity and quality will be good when he goes back for follow ups, and am praying praying praying for pink! I have always wanted my daughter to have a sister.. I love my sons, but I know this is our last shot at balancing our family and I fear that having another boy, as much as I would love him anyway, would leave me forever feeling incomplete :( Which means I will also be doing whatever I can to sway for a girl and hope my prayers are answered! Honestly I'd love twins too if I'm lucky enough I've always wanted twins (so I'll be taking cassava twins supplements as well) and plus, then they'll have a sibling close in age to grow up with. Since my youngest at the moment is 6, there will be a bit of a gap :(

Hoping for speedy success and wishing all my fellow moms success in your journey as well!

Good luck Pink Rose, I hope it all works out, it will be wonderful.
How long does your partner need to wait before they check how everything is after the reversal?

Good luck Pink Rose, I hope it all works out, it will be wonderful.
How long does your partner need to wait before they check how everything is after the reversal?

Thanks! They said 3 months, but he will be gone until early February, so it will be more like 3 and a half to 4 depending on when he can go in for that. They also told him "no using the equipment" for 4 weeks, and when he leaves it will barely be 3 weeks post op, so we can't even get a quick attempt before he goes I won't be close enough to ovulation at that time anyway I don't think.. unless I have an early cycle.

It must seem like a long time at the moment but you're right that it give you the chance to get your body ready to give it the best go. It's a busy few months and will fly by and you partner being posted takes away the temptation I suppose. Keep us informed of how it all goes. Xx

Thanks. It does feel long but it doesn't at the same time...I'm sure some days will be harder than others. We'll be pcsing just a month after his return, so with everything that entails, plus the holidays and keeping up with the kids and their activities, I'll be plenty busy in the meantime! And if my cycles stay regular until then, my calendar predicts I'll have just come off AF when he gets home, so perfect timing!

Good luck hon. We are wtt but won't be Trying untill May. February is nearly here has it come around quickly. May feels like ages away.
I'm just enjoying every second with my youngest at the moment. I'm 42 so we decided to start trying this year instead of next.
So excited for you.

The days seem long but also seem to blend together at the same time. I've been so busy with the other kids and the holidays really. But I am getting excited that we are less than a month away now!

Good luck to you! May will be here before you know it!

The days seem long but also seem to blend together at the same time. I've been so busy with the other kids and the holidays really. But I am getting excited that we are less than a month away now!

Good luck to you! May will be here before you know it!

So excited for you hon eeeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->