Waiting until December 2016 anyone?

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
DD just turned one this month and we would really like to avail the December-March birthdays because that's a financially stressful time for us because of taxes and end of year/beginning of year bills and I would totally be a hot mess throwing a newborn into the mix.

So we will be waiting until the end of the summer (around July) to start ntnp and if nothing we will start ttc in December!

I really really want an October baby so so so badly, but with it taking 3 years to get DD I'm trying not to get my hopes too high that'll happen just like I want it to... Although I did really want a march baby pretty badly as well :)

What about you? What month are you secretly hoping for? When are you going to ntnp/ttc? What are your feelings towards it?

I think we are going to start ntnp in May and ttc I'm August. I really want another summer baby so June ish. But we were also ltttc and would be happy with anything. But we are currently preventing a December/January baby as I really want to avoid those months.

Totally understand! I go back and forth on when to start! I really badly want an October baby, but sometimes I'm like a summer baby would be fun too with pool parties. But I also think about selfish reasons too. Like I had my DD in March and my body was nowhere near looking decent enough for summer and I was so down on myself about it and so I was determined if my next one was in late summer/fall then I would have plenty of time to get my body back into decent shape and stretch marks would fade some. I know that's completely selfish and low because when ltttc none of that matters and I know that. But I definitely know I want to avoid December-February.

Yea, I can relate. One of the reasons I want to wait is because I'm finally having success losing weight and in don't want to stop losing right now. So ntnp was my compromise to dh as we'd be over the moon to get pregnant without help. But if not at least I will have lost a good amount of weight and be way healthier for a pregnancy.

Right! I'm so close to my pre pregnancy weight and i would like to have it off before getting pregnant again! I feel like it would make it easier for getting it off the next time too!

Hey there I will also be ttc in December. Don't mind when I have baby but would prefer early Autumn if possible so hoping to fall straight away. I think summer bumps are cute. I won't stop though just take any month as I suspect it may take a while.

Hey there! We will be trying some time after September 2016, but probably closer to December. We don't really care about birthdays, just want to make sure we have all of our things organized financially first.

I agree! I don't necessarily "care" when the birthday is. I mean I'll take what God gives me.

How are y'all coping with waiting? Has it gotten tough yet?

We both have days that we get impatient, but I think it helps that we have goals to accomplish before we start, so it feels like we are working towards a baby even when we aren't trying. This will also be our first baby, so there are also times I feel very thankful to still have to freedom to sleep in or spontaneously take a trip, since I know once a baby is here that won't be the case!

I find it hard some days but try to focus on why we are waiting. I think time flies so winter will be here in no time. Why is everyone waiting? We are waiting to save money.

We are waiting for a couple of reasons

-to avoid December-February babies because these are very financially stressful months for us
-I want a little more time with just DD and she will be a year and a half we we start trying for #2
-we would have to buy a bigger car so again financially
-we are also thinking about selling our house to buy land to build

We are waiting for a few reasons. My husband has to finish up his degree, we want to save some more money, and I want to be able to finish out another school year during my pregnancy and not leave half way through for maternity leave (I'm a teacher)

- We are waiting to avoid December/January due date.
- I am working on losing weight and getting myself healthy.
- I am still not sure I really feel ready for #2 just yet.

I just keep thinking if I don't do it soon I never will. Looks like everyone has things to keep them busy which is good. We are getting a new bathroom in the summer. Already picked it out.

Hi we are waiting until Jan to start ttc. I almost feel prey and just started now! In reality, I already have a Jan & Feb baby another in that time zone might take me out. We also wanted to make sure to have my 2 year old potty trained, and my 4 year old will be starting kindergarten by time baby comes. And now we are going to Disney first week of january so that should keep me from trying to start early again

We are trying to stay busy here and make plans! We are looking at buying land to eventually build on so right now that seems to be occupying most of our time! Also summer is almost here and we will hopefully be spending a lot of family time at the lake!

Whenever I start feeling like I want to start early I remind myself that I still need to get my wisdom teeth out, and that's not scheduled until September. Oddly enough, the idea of not doing that before becoming pregnant freaks me out more than any of the financial reasons.

Haha! I still have my wisdom teeth and they need to come out, but that scares me more than giving birth did!

Yea I would agree hate the dentist. We will be trying for our first. What about y'all? I will be doing opks straight away. What about everyone else?

I am currently temping and I will be starting opks in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->