Waiting/Worrying/So Impatient

joanna321

Reaction score
So me and my boyfriend decided together that this was the year for our first baby!

I feel like we decided that we should try right away - HOWEVER

I have just started working an 8 month contract which being pregnant would be highly unsuitable for.

We are trying to raise funds to buy a house in 3 months

So I've played around with dates and decided i cannot realistically TTC until late July/August which seems like AGGGGGES away.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking what if i can't get pregnant or it takes us years to conceive surely its best to start trying now. Its driving me mad!!!! came off the pill last month and waiting for period (which will no doubt be agony)

anyone in similar position?

dont worry, July/August is only a couple of months away! hope it goes fast for you, try and plan things to pass the time in the mean time :flower:

I hope the wait goes by quickly for you! It is only 2-3 full months away but I know it can feel like forever. What if you plan something fun at the halfway point? That way its a shorter time to count down to and once you get there, will only be a short time until TTC?

I know it feels like ages - we are WTT til exactly the same time, and I felt like it was impossibly far away when we decided in February. Every week or so I'd pull out the calendar and my notes and try to twist things every which way to see if we could start earlier, lol...now I have (mostly) settled into the idea, and it seems like the time is just right. There is so much to learn and get familiar with - I'm charting now, and we started watching some of the pregnancy and birth documentaries that I found on a thread here on the board. Working on my health and diet, figuring out my body, learning about pregnancy, birth, trying to plan finances for the first year....the 'when we have kids' conversations I have with OH are so much more specific and meaningful now that it's really on the horizon, and I'm glad that we have time to talk things through and really get comfortable with the imminent changes. So now WTT as taken on a whole new purpose, it's not just the purgatory before TTC. When I get that nagging 'Baby now!' feeling, I just think how my patience and careful thinking show how loved my future baby already is! We are making sure we're ready for him/her, and I love that feeling.

I feel similar to sakura15. I feel really good about the time I've had to wait because I've learned so much and feel way more prepared and at peace than I would have otherwise. I like what was said about how waiting shows how loved the future lo will be. That puts such a positive spin on that waiting period, I love it.

Joanna321, I'm also waiting till August because that's the earliest we can ttc considering my upcoming internship (maybe late August, depending on when I ovulate that month)..Are you taking prenatals? Now's a great time to start if you haven't already. That'll give enough time for the vitamins to do their thing before a little peanut shows up. Maybe you can take the time you have to read some books about pregnancy, babies and parenting. You can also develop habits you'd like to maintain during your pregnancy like exercise, yoga or whatever! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->