Waiting.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BBonBoard, Dec 20, 2009.

1. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

So as most of you know, I went to the hospital with contractions on Wednesday night, since I was only 35 weeks and 5 days they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. They sent me home, then at about 2pm thursday afternoon i started having contractions again. When i got to the hospital they checked my cervix and told me I was 2cm and 80% effaced. They told me to walk around for an hour and that they would check my cervix again to see if there was any progress. So walk walk walk i did, they checked my cervix and i was then 4cm. They admitted me to the hospital and said if things hadnt progressed by morning they would start the pitocin. I got some REALLY SEVERE contractions at about 4am, that lasted about an hour and were about 6 minutes apart. They checked my cervix in the morning and I was still 4cm. So the nurse went to get the pitocin, but I talked with my husband and we decided against the pitocin because I was only 36 weeks exactly. So they discharged me and sent me home, about 8pm last night I went to use the bathroom and when i wiped there was a HUGE glob of snotty mucus with blood. I showed my husband and told him I think this is my plug, I lost more the next time i went to the bathroom, and still am losing more today. I lost a BIG buggery blob this morning, and am not only lightly losing mucus. How long do you think it will be before i have my baby? I havent had any contractions since being home and my waters have not broken, but I have lost most if not all of the mucus plug.

2. abbysbaby

abbysbaby Guest

sorry chick i cant help u as im a first. ive only read that losin a mucus plug can mean birth anytime after right up until full term.. is that right? something like that x

3. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

Morning :) sorry I'm not going to be much help, but I lost a lot of my plug on Thursday and it was bloody, but i've had no other signs since.

I think it can mean LO might come soon, but it can also mean bothng (told you it wasn't helpful!)

Fingers crossed your little girl stays cooking for a while yet.

4. WW1

WW1 Mum to a little lady x

Some people don't lose their plug until just before birth and others lose it several weeks before so it really is impossible to tell. A friend of mine lost hers exactly 2 weeks before giving birth to both her children so it doesn't necessarily mean baby is going to make an imminent arrival.

Of course it might though!!

5. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

aww i dunno, i have had 2 babies and never seen my plug yet lol

maybe it is a sign though, becasue you have had contractions etc already - keep us posted x

6. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

well i have had some very minor cramps, but nothing to write home about, so we are still sitting and waiting.

7. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

i have heard you can lose it a while before but as others have said maybe a sign especially with your previous contractions.

hope your lo cooks a while longer for you and if she doesnt i hope all goes well x

8. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

I don't have any advice for you, BB, but as your fellow 15-Jan EDD I just want to say good luck, and I hope that as others have said, Baby chills and stays put for a while yet. :)

If she DOES make an early appearance, you're still plenty far enough along that all should be well! :hugs: