Waking but not waking (iygwim?)

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Hoping, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Hoping

Hoping Well-Known Member

Please help!
    Thomas cries out in his sleep loads at night, starts from about an hour or so after he has been put down, and goes on throughout the night. When you go into him, his eyes are shut and you only have to hold his hand and speak quietly to him to calm him. Then he may start again as soon as you leave room, or he may settle again for an hour or two before doing it again. If you ignore him and try to leave him to settle himself, it just escalates into full blown crying and he ends up waking up. He isn't hungry, nappy is clean, temperature/bedding is fine. Could be teeth (he hasn't got any yet) but other than that any ideas? Anyone else had/got the same?

2. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

Id say teeth jacob used to do this and then he got his 1st too then had a bad week and got another one. Have you tried a lil calpol or bonjela?? XxxX

3. Hoping

Hoping Well-Known Member

Thanks Ema.
    I did try bonjela once but it didn't do anything. I might try calpol and see if that sorts it, then I would know it is pain. But he has been doing this for ages now, and still no teeth!