Waking during night at 9 months. . Help please?!?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by housewifey, Nov 14, 2011.

1. housewifey

housewifey Well-Known Member

Hi ladiies (So sorry its loooong!)

So DD is 9 months now, I started FF at 4 months and she fell into a pretty good routine almost immediately- bath at 7, bottle at 20 past, into bed awake at 20 to 8, story and left awake in cot and fast asleep by 8. She would STTN from about 5 months!

At around 7 months she started to wake for her dummy around 3/4 times a night which I wasn't to bothered about but more recently when she has woke she has been WIDE awake! For a while I gave her a bottle and she would settle back to sleep. (Usually its around 4am she wakes) now at 9 months she has started to wake fully at 1am and 4am, only way to settle is a feed. We tried (much to my disagreement) CC- advice from HV! I hated it from the very beginning! It 'worked' for about a week and then DD got a cold so I stopped doing it, but I don't want to let her scream every night for a week whenever she gets a cold?!?

Every1 is telling me at this age she shouldn't need the night feed and should be sleeping through easily, and that she should have dropped it on her own?!

Advice/ Help/ Success stories please? Is it normal for her to still 'need' a night feed at her age? I though so but every1 seems to disagree? Xxxxx

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Well, my son still takes 1 feed per night (around 1-2am) and he's 17 months. I believe he will drop it when he is ready. And I believe if it's not a problem for you, then it's not a problem.

3. housewifey

See my HV told me that by 10 months she should only be having morning milk and night time milk, and that during the day her bottles should be swapped for sippy cups with milk in them? And by 1 year she should be having NO milk?! Is my HV and idiot ahah?! So much different advise?? X

4. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

The WHO recommends breast milk until 2 years minimum and beyond so yes, she is an idiot to say a baby should have no milk by 1. Maybe when babies were weaned at 6-8 weeks but surely not by today's standards

5. housewifey

Aw its so annoying getting so much different advice :( I don't know what to do?! Arrgghh, I would obviously prefer to get a good nights sleep haha but if she need her milk at night then I'll give her it :D xxx

6. vickyd

vickyd Well-Known Member

Im going through the EXACT same thing....I dont like the idea of CC or CIO for that matter so im basically waiting for this phase to pass. On another similar thread in baby club someone posted a link about the 8-9 month sleep regression. It fits my situation to the T.

7. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

You will get a lot of different opinions. Personally, I think it's normal for a baby to wake for food at 7 months and many pediatricians would agree. Her idea of no milk at all by 12 months is just ridiculous so I wouldn't put much into her opinion.