waking up at night and feeling really ill???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ProudMum, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

For the last week or so I have been waking up at 4/5am feeling dreadfully sick:( not only that but I have really really bad congestion and I just cannot seem to shake the ill feeling off. I'm sneezing all the time, my nose is running like mad, Im peeing every 10 minutes and I feel as though I always want to be sick.
    I know this is part of pregnancy but with DS I never had it at night, once I was asleep I was oblivious to everything.. this time round I'm feeling dreadful all day, every day :(

2. BrookieG

BrookieG Mummy to Ollie

im afraid all are common symptoms of pregnancy! try putting a bowl of water someplace in your room, it'll moisturise the air n maybe help your decongestion??? as for sickness when i was suffering from nausea it wasnt so much waking up when i felt sick it was when i was trying to get to sleep and when i woke up, id eat either a ginger nut biscuit or a plain jacobs cracker n it seemed to help a bit?? x

3. I had this - waking up so early in the morning and feeling like crap!
    It was horrible. I was never actually sick but I was very close to being! Im sure it's normal hunny. I've suffered with the congestion too, and also had two of the worst nose bleeds of my lifetime! xx

4. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

I havent been sick either..I wont allow it, but I have had the urge to be followed by all that nasty water that comes up in your throat beforehand... :( its dreadful.
    Are you feeling better??? mine started just after 8 weeks..

5. BrookieG

BrookieG Mummy to Ollie

i feel gr8 now...my only symptoms really now are soore boobs n tiredness....i only feel sick if i go too long without eating! :D x

6. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

Oh, I totally sympathise with this. I've had a bit of nausea during the night since 5 weeks, usually right after getting up for the loo. Since week 10 though, it's gotten steadily worse and last night was awful, I don't even have to get up to pee to trigger it any more.

At first, I found lying on my front helped ease it immensely. This doesn't work any more and now I have to assume a near upright position to get any relief. When it's finally eased, I have to move back into normal position very slowly and carefully else it comes straight back.

I've got rich tea biscuits by the bed as I find them nicer than ginger ones. If I get the sensation I'm actually going to be sick, they seem to prevent it going any further, but they don't stop the nausea itself. Seabands aren't doing anything for me either any more. I have an emergency bucket by the bed in case the worst happens and I can't make it to the bathroom quick enough, though I haven't vomited since week 6.

I get thirsty in the night, but everything I drink gives me sickly saliva overload. I like plain water the most, but if it's left standing for more than an hour, it tastes disgusting.

I've been congested too, it comes and goes. I've found having a fan on in the room usually helps, but not always. Sometimes I have to get up and walk around for a bit to clear it.

The only thing that's helping me get through this is the thought that it should be over soon. Roll on 2nd tri.....

7. Adela Quested

Adela Quested Well-Known Member

I have had that a few times as well, waking up in the night and being way too sick to go back to sleep.

Yesterday evening I was sick for the first time, and you know I DID feel much better for hours afterwards. If you really feel like you're going to be sick, maybe you should see if you can let it happen?

That said, I probably would have tried not to be sick, but I didn't have a choice!

I have been absolutely wretched the last few days, to the point where yesterday I told me SO that if I was still like that on Sunday I would need to go to the hospital as I couldn't take it any more! Fortunately today has been a lot better with mild nausea and complete exhaustion - have been in bed all day and slept for most of the afternoon!

8. nosaby

nosaby Pregnant with first

You might try a vaporizer in the room for some moisture and I keep a bottle of juice next to the bed to sip on every time I wake up, which is frequent. I still feel ill, but not as severe. I've also found the seabands help take the edge off.