Walk or buggy

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by ronnie1234, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Do you give LO option of walking or going I. Buggy?

2. Scoobys mummy

Scoobys mummy Well-Known Member

depends how much of a hurry im in.if we are out for a.walk with the dogs i give her a choice and she usually walks a good bit. i still take the buggy incase she gets fed up. in town etc now i dont really bother with the buggy at all as im usually just nipping for a.few things.

3. Toes_crossed

Toes_crossed Well-Known Member

Same a PP.
    If it's not far I don't usually bother, same as if just going around the town.

If it's a long walk she will usually do a bit of both.
    If i'm in a hurry she goes in pushchair, She doesn't do walking fast. She must feel all the leaves, hug the trees, talk to the flowers etc etc. It's cute... but time consuming lol

xx

4. mayb_baby

mayb_baby Well-Known Member

My LO is rather lazy and will walk no more than 10 minutes, so I bring his smart Trike and he will walk until he begs to be carried then I put him in his trike. If we are going away I always bring the buggy because he hates walking, lazy bugger :p

5. Scoobys mummy

Sometimes I wish Emily would go in the buggy More! We did the barnardos big toddle and she out walked a 3 year old!

6. mayb_baby

mayb_baby Well-Known Member

I wish Michael would walk lol

7. lau86

lau86 Well-Known Member

Small trips I am starting to feel I could do without the pram, bigger trips I need it. My problem is I still need my huge nappy bag that would otherwise sit in the pram basket. I need to learn how to carry that and hold LO hand and do any shopping etc

8. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

I don't go out without a buggy, when he gets tire he asks me to carry him & he refuses to walk! He's not small & it kills my back when I end up carrying him, he walks more than using the buggy but I take it with us anyway xx

9. Scoobys mummy

i changed to a tresspass backpack at this stage so i can wear it and two hands free.

10. hubblybubbly

hubblybubbly Well-Known Member

She generally won't go in the pushchair at the moment, definitely a "I've just learnt to walk and I want to do it ALL the time" phase, I've had to limit trips to quick stop offs as shell walk 10 mins then want to be carried, which I can't do for more than 15 mins nowadays.

I hope she regains her love of her buggy!

11. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

depends what im doing. if im going to town she walks there but gets in pushchair when we get there as shes my counter balance for my food shopping!! :haha:

if we are going to the park she walks or rides her smart trike..
    x

12. housewifey

housewifey Well-Known Member

mostly walks- I bring the buggy mainly for bags ie if we're walking to swimming, the bag is too heavy for a 40 minute walk or if we go to shops for heavy things like milk washing detergent etc. she actually runs rather than walks haha xxx

13. Nats21

Nats21 Well-Known Member

Callum will mostly walk now but the pushchair is still used for shopping trips, generally though hes really good with walking so I much prefer that xx

14. xnewxmummyx

xnewxmummyx Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle

If it's just a stroll then I'll let her walk because she likes to stop too touch and look at things, but if I'm in a rush, which generally I always am haha, I'll take the pushchair. Want to stop using it altogether soon, but she still tires really easily & I can't carry her.

X

15. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Ruby would be unreliable at walking until after she turned 3. She would complain and moan and stop. One day I just took away the option of it though and she got better.

16. Misstrouble19

Misstrouble19 Mummy,Daddy,Rhys

Rhys still goes in pushchair at the moment as hes only been walking a week and half :) xx

17. RachA

RachA Well-Known Member

I always take the buggy. She will walk a bit but takes ages and its rare that I'm not in a bit of a hurry. She can walk a good distance but it takes ages and she is a liability as she just walks into the road or runs away from me etc.

18. CormacksGirl

CormacksGirl Mum to Adam & #2 on the w

Adam mostly walks, but If I have a dentist/doctors appointment then he goes in his buggy, mainly so I know where he is whilst I'm getting treatments done!!!!x

19. Hunbun

Hunbun Wifey & Mummy

He always starts out walking but gets tired eventually so I take the buggy as well.

If we are in town or somewhere with a lot of traffic then I tend to stick him in the buggy. He is still really unreliable and could quite happily dash away from me if something catches his eye.

20. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

At that age Hannah would have the option (unless I was in a hurry). We don't have a car though and do some pretty long walks.

Rhys is just starting o walk so generally he's in the buggy or his little tikes truck.