Walking after C.section!?

vinnypeanut

Sleep deprived!!
Reaction score
I had an emergency c section 11 days ago and on friday the midwife advised me to get out and about for some fresh air. She said not to go for miles but just as far as i felt i could manage.
Well my nan lives about quarter of a mile away (all on the flat) so i decided to take a walk to her house with the pram.
By the time i got there i was in so much pain i had to call my mum to come and pick us up and put the pram in the back of the car because i couldnt physically walk home.
Now im terrified to go out of the house incase the same thing happens.

How long after a c.sec were you able to go out for a decent walk/go to the shops?
x

I couldnt go for more than 15-20 mins during the 1st 6 wks, then it got better. xx

the day after i came out of the hospital i went to boots on a retail park because we needed smaller nappies - a 10 minute excursion absolutely killed me off!
just take it really slowly and dont worry what you look like (i was walking around looking like a waddling hunchback for a good 2 weeks!)
it does get easier i promise!

ive already went on a few shopping things and walked around for a while. although i make sure to take like lil breaks and like sit for a few mins because everytime ive been out its been for a few hours.

Im 8 weeks past and today was the 1st time ive went a long walk, and my tummy is sore. Not agony but just sore. They do say 3 months b4 u do exercise. Plus ur not supposed to push a pram for 6 weeks... I know we all do it but they dont recommend it for no reason. I no still when i tilt the pram to go up a kerb i feel it along my scar.

Take it easy hun, for the first week or so i found it hard, i could walk around asda but by the time i got to the end i would be in so much pain, but by about 3 weeks i could walk normally but obv still took it easy for a while x

Can you walk around in your house for 10 minutes?

I know this sounds stupid but just remember that when you go for a walk, it's going to take the same amount of time to get back, some people tend to forget that. Don't push yourself.

It was a month and a half before I actually started feeling normal. I had the most horrible pain when walking for the first few weeks especially. I couldn't even get out of bed without the help of my DH. I ended up having a pocket of fluid behind my incision which contributed to most of my pain though. Eventually it burst and than felt MUCH better. :sick::haha:

Im really worried now that i do to much but im on day 11 and i can walk around normally. I have vertually no pain and can walk around fine. I dont go mad and always have my partner with me. But i do push her pram, but dont lift it up curbs. I had no idea there where things i was not meant to do, i just assumed i could do what i wanted as long as i didnt hurt myself. Just go out to the end of your road to start with and then each day go further.

littleblonde- You are probably just one of those fortunate women that heals fast. I wouldn't worry. It seems like you are doing great and aren't over doing it. It is smart of you to always have your partner with you just in case. :thumbup:

I had an emergency C Section and had a massive infection in the scar afterwards along with wrongly placed staples and an overlapped scar but i was up and about doing the weekly shop and clothes shopping and climbing in and out of the back of a 3 door car to see to ben 4 days after my C Section. It hurt but nothing i couldn't deal with. I'd had no painkillers since the day of my C Section. By day 5 i was out visiting people all day.

I was stubborn though and refused to let it stop me having a normal first few days with my newborn son so i just acted normally and got on with it all.

My little one was in scbu so i was walking within a couple days to go see her the walk was about 4 mins but i felt really sore but the more i walked the easier it got within a few more days i managed fine to the shop downstairs etc just go remember dont go too far cause uv got the walk back to think of. build it up slowly

xxx

i went out for the 1st time since my section friday just gone. I walked in town which is a good 20 min walk, and then walked round town for a bit with some stops in between for lunch etc. I am still aching from it now, but it done me good to get out, and i felt fine at the time, just achy now. Its different for each women so just take things at your own pace and remember that youve had major surgery so to take it easy and things will get better :) xx

I healed amazingly quick with DD who was in SCBU. So walking up and down several times a day (7min walk, it was a long corridor, then down a lift to walk back the way I came). Got home after just over a week, didn't do much. 2 weeks I had to take kids to school/nursery etc. But I drove. I did walk after 2 weeks, but not too far. As you found out, one moment you are fine the next you're not. And you do have to build up to it.

I was out walking on day 6 post birth , on a bus into the next town & did some xmas shopping for the following 3 days too. And oh yes i hurt big time afterwards even though i took my time, i kept sitting down & i kept the painkillers up it bloody hurt. When home i made sure i put my feet up & relaxed as much as poss but i did way to much!

Its not that your not supposed to push a pram coz yes you can , Its the pushing UP HILLS or curbs that you need to be careful of. Actually holding the bars of a pram whilst walking on the flat does nothing for your stomach at all so that's ok & actually it gives you something to lean on when you need it.

So if you feel like going out then do but just take it very easily, even if you dont feel sore TAKE IT EASY as you will regret it inside later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->