Walking & Housework

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
I had a emergency section last time - 6 years ago. Got a planned section Friday just wondering how long it will be before I feel ready for walking - gentle to start with, housework etc - struggling to remember!

I've had 3 sections, I was doing housework about 2 weeks after the first, a week after the second and the day I came home (day 4) after the third. I moved slowly but I was fine. My OH was a student so was unable to be at home.

That's good to hear I don't want to over do it but also do want to be doing things. Yes I'm the same OH will have to go to work!

i was back to normal pretty much straight away after my last csec . Didn't ring the buzzer for midwife once . Was driving again at two weeks and going for walks from a week . Was my 2nd caeser and third baby so i was very confident . :hugs:

I started walking the day after coming home, so four days after CS. Started doing housework little bits that same week. I'm pretty much back to normal workload at 3 weeks, even steam cleaned the carpets today. Went for my first run today. Slow as molasses but I did it lol.

In the U.K. It's 6 weeks before driving, can you get a note from doctor to drive earlier though?

I walked from the hospital ward to the car on day 3, which involved two flights of stairs and was actually quite far away (the car was parked halfway up the car park) the following day we went out a walk with the dog and the pram, and the day after that we went to the town centre shopping and out for lunch. I couldn't hoover for a few weeks (I definitely milked it a bit!) and I couldn't do much bending, but walking was ok.

Gosh how can anyone wait a whole 6 weeks to get back to normal and drive again?? That seems way too cautious. I had no choice but to drive at day 5 PP with Emma, had to get the kids places. It was fine anyway, there was no pain or anything. Hurt more to sneeze than drive.

Ronnie the advice from my mw was as follows - if you ask a gp they will say 6 weeks but your insurance company may allow it earlier. However if your insurance company are okay with it and you have a crash, after speaking to a gp, you may not get a pay out because the gp advice is 6 weeks. If you only speak to thr insurance company and have an accident then they can't backtrack and withhold a claim for medical reasons as you never spoke to a gp. If that makes sense?

I was back to normal, shopping/driving/cleaning by 4 weeks and slowly built up to this. I felt mostly okay by 2 weeks but didn't drive or hoover until 3 weeks.

Ronnie the advice from my mw was as follows - if you ask a gp they will say 6 weeks but your insurance company may allow it earlier. However if your insurance company are okay with it and you have a crash, after speaking to a gp, you may not get a pay out because the gp advice is 6 weeks. If you only speak to thr insurance company and have an accident then they can't backtrack and withhold a claim for medical reasons as you never spoke to a gp. If that makes sense?

I was back to normal, shopping/driving/cleaning by 4 weeks and slowly built up to this. I felt mostly okay by 2 weeks but didn't drive or hoover until 3 weeks.

Ok so speak to insurance company only first find out their policy once I'm ready?

I have had 3 c-sections and bounced back pretty fast, by the 2nd-3rd day after each I was out of bed walking around fine and I barely took pain meds. I would recommend that even if you feel good try not to overdue it. The day i was released after my 3rd I went to Walmart, walked around feeling fine but about an hour later I felt horrible

I've had 2 planned sections.. with daisy my youngest I was back doing the walk to the nursery 4 6 day PP... we live rural so lots of hills.. tom is self employed so had no
Choice but to go back to work just a few days after we was discharged from hospital:( it was hard going though as my scar was
Infected and tbh I felt like crap but had to be done, so hard to rest when you have other children to look after and a house to run xx

With any of my previous surgeries, including a c section, I've followed the Drs orders for when I can drive again. The concern is not so much your pain level but your ability to react quickly in an emergency and the damage an accident may have on you of not healed yet. I felt good after my c section, which was an easier recovery than my hip replacement, but it's still major abdominal surgery. You can certainly walk and do light work at your own pace but also give your body a chance to rest. Even when you feel good, there are deeper layers that are still healing. Just listen to your body, listen to your Dr, and be kind to yourself! <3

I don't remember how long it was for me but....I carried that kid breach, digging into my ribs, then had major surgery and have a permanent scar. I am not doing any housework any time soon, hubby can deal with that part for a while. I do see to remember that I was in pain for quite some time. I hear the second section has a faster recovery time but I can't see that happening for me, I deserve my rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->