walking???

upsy daisy1

Reaction score
just wondering what ages your lo started walking?. mia has just turned one a few days ago and has just started trying to pull her self to standing. she gets to her knees and sometimes to her feet when holding furniture and stands well using your hands. she walks when holding your hands but on her toes and leaning forward. i just wanted to know if before your lo started walking did you do alot to help. she goes in her walker but not for long as she gets fed up with limited space. and we walk her round sometimes which she enjoys. or did your lo learn more by pulling them selves up to standing and then slowly progressed from there. im worried that maybe im not doing enough and should walk her more etc. thanks xx

My oldest started when he was 13 months. My youngest at about 8 1/2 months.
Neither kid stayed in a walker often because i didnt get how that helped to walk... we just let them cruise around the furniture all the time, and helped holding their hands and walking... A friend of mine swears by something called angel walking wings, kinda like a harness, but honestly if you keep what your doing your kid will be fine :)

We stopped using a walker at 9.5 months, Omar started furniture cruising at 9 months & we didnt want him to depend on the walker to move around. He took few steps few days before his birthday, he was really scared to let go & walk. He didnt even stand unaided before taking few steps as he was really scared. He used to bend his legs & sit if we try & pull our hands. He used to refuse trying. We didnt do anything, we just followed his lead, & when he was ready he let go & started to walk.

We havent used Megan's walker for quite a long time as well. Megan has been pulling up on furniture since 9 1/2 months & cruising furniture for many months now - but still doesnt have the confidence to let go. She is making small progress every week though - I see her letting go more often to just stand & for longer periods. I think one day she'll just decide to do it.

thannks for the replys. i dont put mia in her walker much as was worried about her depending on the support between the legs. im just letting her learn as she is ready at the moment. and walking her when she want to. x

Daisy doesn't walk on her own yet but she is getting very good at walking along pushing her walker toy or her toy pushchair. These things definitely seem to be helping her balance and also her confidence.

Lucas never had a walker he went in, just a push along one...he walked at 10months and just did it himself one day, he would never walk holding anyone's hands or anything :flower:

Dylan has been pulling himself up to standing, and cruising confidently since he was 8 months.

He just started walking properly by himself yesterday! :happydance:

Fynn started pulling to stand at 11 months and he now cruises - he walks holding your hands and also on tiptoe with belly shoved outwards lol - he climbs for England though!!

Sam - nahhhhh he only started sitting at 11 months lol he will be three or thirteen before he can be bothered to walk lol

Noah started walking at 11 months. He had for about a month been very close to walking. He would hold on to the furniture and would hold onto your two hands but whenever you would let go of one hand he would just sit down. Then one day I was over at Rob's Mum's house and I was sitting on the floor with Noah standing and Rob walked in. As soon as he saw him he walked all the way over to him (about 6 steps) Ever since then we haven't been able to stop him!

Ruby started walking at 17.5 months. She pulled to standing just before her first birthday and started cruising a few weeks later and pushing along her walker trolley thing. From 16 months she was walking holding our hands everywhere we went but it took until 17.5 months before she had the balance to walk unaided. I think it was balance holding her back as she also didn't stand unaided beforehand.

Jake took his first steps at 10 months, and has been walking confidently for about a month. What you're describing sounds like what he was doing at about 9 months: walking holding your hands but mainly on tip toes.

I think she's doing great, Jake was walking really early (I think it makes up for the fact that he doesn't have any words other than "HEY" yet). The only thing we did that you haven't said it standing him up and catching him when he fell. He thought it was a fun game but I like to think it helped him get his balance.

Charlie was 16 months before he took off and he hardly ever falls over at all!

Bum shuffled everywhere from 11 months though...

OT but Vicky - your boys are gorgeous :)

Joe has been cruising around the furniture for a few months now and can stand unaided, but just has no desire to walk yet! He will walk pushing his brick trolley or holding our hands, but can crawl so quickly I think he thinks walking will slow him down!

gertie was 16 months when she started walking just decided she wanted some of my sisters pop one day and took her first steps i missed them :( cause i was at work

we used a walker but we stopped using it at about 8 months as while she loved it we noticed she was walking without it on her tiptoes.

alexa started walking on her own unaided two weeks after her first birthday in december. we now can't stop her and have just bought a harness so we can let her walk whilst we're out and about.

Pulled himself up to cruise at 7 1/2 months, stood unaided at 9 months, took off
and walked at 9 1/2 months.

He doesn't say a lot at all though, def more of a walker than a talker x

Hannah started walking at 8 months 2 weeks and Lily took her first steps at 8 months 10 days (think she just wanted to beat her big sis lol) neither of them had a walker, we just let them cruise around the furniture and help their hands to walk around for a while x x x

Evie started pulling herself up and cruising on furniture on the day she started crawling which was around 9 months but she just would not let go for a long time! When she was about 11 months she started walking around holding people's hands but still didnt have the confidence to let go lol.
For her birthday she got a Vtech push-along type toy (she's never had a baby walker) and do you think she'd use it? No :haha: As soon as it would move, she'd sit down!
Anyways, the day after her birthday she managed to take about 10 steps on her own and then it just went from there.. now you cant stop her! :haha:

thanks everyone. i will just carry on holding her hands to walk as she really enjoys it and let her take it from there. im not one to force anything she isnt ready to do and am fairly layed back with her doing things when she was ready. just wanted to make sure im helping her enough. although she is more of a talker. she has a big vocab of words and repeats alot of sounds and words that sdhe hears. i think its more one or the other with most babies,. mia likes to sit and observe and talk. once again thanks for the replies girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->