Want to be alone?

forevertired

Reaction score
Does anyone else want to be left alone? My husband has been away and his cousin, cousins wife and their two kids live with us. I cant eat their food as its too spicy, and their kids make me frustrated, so I stay in our room when I dont work and go downstairs nearer the kids bedtime or to make myself something to eat. When I go out, I prefer to go alone. Last night the lady asked if I wanted to go somewhere today. I do want to go grocery shopping, but I want to go alone, so I've been laying here thinking of a good excuse...

Just had a nice arguement with a well meaning friend. She cant get it in her head that I dont want to do anything but rest at the moment and is obsessed with the idea of doing something for my birthday at the end of the month.

I tried to be diplomotic about it but she told me I'm not dying, I'm just pregnant and its not too strenguous to suggest I drive a 1.5 round trip to go and see her.

Needless to say I lost it... whoops!

I just want to be left alone to rest and not have to entertain anyone elses wishes other than my own.

I've been like that since being pregnant, I would rather people just left me well alone, even if their intentions are good. I'm not a very sociable person in the first place, but pregnancy seems to make me want to isolate myself even more. x
Just say to her that you enjoy being on your own sometimes, but that you're grateful she too the time to ask if you wanted to do anything :)

No I had this same dilema...

People trying to force us into plans around christmas etc....they don't seem to understand that we just want to relax over christmas. I want to be in my jammies if I want...sleep as much as I want...

I'm lucky OH wants the same things for me so he has been facing the front line...in particular with his parents!!!!

Just tell her your feeling unwell and need some time alone and that you might pop out later for some fresh air x x x

I just want to be alone to. But tbh i dont really get people coming to me wanting to go out. I am going out Friday night we are taking OHs mum and dad for a meal to say thank u for everything

I'm always a pretty anti-social bugger but I feel absolutely no necessity to do what other people want at the best of times :p so people tend to know that when I say no, its not personal, it's because I don't want to and you can't make me so nerr :p
So in a lot of ways, I'm lucky I'm such a tetch the rest of the time :p

I just don't know why anyone else has got the right to tell another adult how they shouldn't behave or live their life, pregnant or not...
It's your life and you can be alone or with people whenever you feel like :)

am very sociable but to be honest i like my own little bubble and dont seem to have much to say to other people at the moment, yet love reading and being on here, think my baba is all i can think about and my little family xxx

Yeah, I hate it when other people try to make plans and feel that you should be there whether you want to or not. There is a family party next sunday (26th) my due date is on tuesday (21st) People are telling me that if I havent had the baby then there shouldnt be a problem with me still coming - bear in mind I'll be near a week overdue and have no way to get to this party other than relying on lifts from other people as its 15 miles away!!!

I have also been told that if I have had the baby by then I can still come because I can just leave the baby at home with his dad! I'm planning on breastfeeding, how would that even work out! And there is NO WAY I am taking a baby that may be a few days old with me. I got told the other day, "well my sister had her baby and was at a concert 3 days later so you can defo come if youve had it!" Well good for your sister then - I still dont plan on going! Sorry girls, rant over! xxx

Just had a nice arguement with a well meaning friend. She cant get it in her head that I dont want to do anything but rest at the moment and is obsessed with the idea of doing something for my birthday at the end of the month.

I tried to be diplomotic about it but she told me I'm not dying, I'm just pregnant and its not too strenguous to suggest I drive a 1.5 round trip to go and see her.

Needless to say I lost it... whoops!

I just want to be left alone to rest and not have to entertain anyone elses wishes other than my own.

i would feel the same.

Yeah, I hate it when other people try to make plans and feel that you should be there whether you want to or not. There is a family party next sunday (26th) my due date is on tuesday (21st) People are telling me that if I havent had the baby then there shouldnt be a problem with me still coming - bear in mind I'll be near a week overdue and have no way to get to this party other than relying on lifts from other people as its 15 miles away!!!

I have also been told that if I have had the baby by then I can still come because I can just leave the baby at home with his dad! I'm planning on breastfeeding, how would that even work out! And there is NO WAY I am taking a baby that may be a few days old with me. I got told the other day, "well my sister had her baby and was at a concert 3 days later so you can defo come if youve had it!" Well good for your sister then - I still dont plan on going! Sorry girls, rant over! xxx

what the hells the matter with people,!? like you would want to do 30 mile round trip to sit with people and make small talk when you will a week .late!:dohh:

I feel the same!! dont wanna really see anyone!!! my friend keeps asking to come over at first i made excuses but now i have started saying i dont want anyone over as i wanna lounge in my jammies, burp & fart when needed lol luckily she understood :)

after reading these posts i wish people would respect us pregnant peoples wishes, if anyone tries to push you into a socail evening, put the ball back in their court by saying well if i go into labour are you going to drive me to hospital,? or are you going to provide a nice comfy sofa for me to sit on all night as my back aches , rub my back or feet perhaps! you just want your own creature comforts at the end of the day!:thumbup: and would it reallymake any difference if you were theere or not to them? no probably not!

Thank you all for your posts! It feels good to know Im not alone. I ended up leaving the house while the other lady was on the phone, so I left her a text stating I didnt feel like going to the places she had mentioned but needed some things so was going down the road to the shop and would be back. She text back it was fine, but was really quiet when I returned.
It was quite relaxing to be by myself...ate subway meal at the park watching children play and dreaming of our own, then walking through the store being careful to select things that werent too heavy to carry back home and am now back home happily tired :d

Although I am quite independent, I'll sure be grateful when my husband returns!

Yeah I understand how you feel!! I've been the same the last few weeks my best friend has been trying to reach me over the phone for a little while now but all the calls went unanswered. I finally called her back the night before last as I felt bad for ignoring her for so long. Then another good friend of mine wanted me to go to the Twilight premier tonight at midnight and I had to turn her down because one I'm nine months pregnant, two I know there will be a TON of crazy Twilight fanatics there, and three I'm still working full time 40 hours a week so I know I wouldn't be able to function at work tomorrow on a few hours of sleep.

I've found the only people I want to be around at the moment and do things with is OH and our families it makes me feel selfish at times but that's how I feel for now.

No I had this same dilema...

People trying to force us into plans around christmas etc....they don't seem to understand that we just want to relax over christmas. I want to be in my jammies if I want...sleep as much as I want...

I'm lucky OH wants the same things for me so he has been facing the front line...in particular with his parents!!!!

Just tell her your feeling unwell and need some time alone and that you might pop out later for some fresh air x x x

I can totally relate to this. My OH's family think that we are going to go to there's for a party after we've been to my family's for the day and dinner. Usually we take turns about and its my family's turn this year. I'll be 34 weeks pregnant by then, why can't they understand that after my dinner at night, I'll be tired and want to go home and enjoy the rest of Christmas with my husband, dog and baby bump.

I don't want to go to their party, watch everyone getting pissed, defrost the car at 2am and run everyone home at that stage in my pregnancy. Grrrrrr!

To the OP, maybe you could grab your bag and jacket whilst they are all doing something else and just shout "I'm going out, see you all later." And leave. Hopefully she would get the hint that you need some alone time! x

EDIT: Oooopsss, just seen you got your time to yourself. Excellent! At least you know your not alone when it comes to wanting to be alone hee hee! x

I just get fed up of hearing the same, oh so helpful rubbish over and over and over again!!
'any signs yet?'
'you should move about more'
'sex will get things moving'

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
If there were signs I would probably be doubled up crying or in hospital, my hips are killing me and I don't want to walk, hop, skip or jump now piss off! And unless they're offering to have sex with me, I don't have a partner to copulate with! Or a store of semen to use at will! So sod off! Lol

See... I should probably be left alone on the sofa with children in need :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"