want to cry

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
I'm seriously wishing away the time until this wedding. I just want it over and done with now :cry:

Since dad died 2 of his sisters were really ott and in our faces all the time. And now it's like they can't be bothered in the slightest. The last conversation I had with one of them was on facebook when I said that we'd booked the wedding (I was trying to get some good vibes going as my uncle - her brother - and my brother had had a huge argument and created a horrible atmosphere) and she made a load of catty comments about whether we could afford the wedding etc and since then she hasn't bothered with me :shrug:

I don't want these women at my wedding, or their families, but I know full well that if I don't invite them all hell is going to break loose :nope:

She acts as though she's the only one who's allowed to miss him and anyone else just isn't worthy of that emotion :wacko:

Ah huni. Family politics are always the hardest to deal with :hugs:

I don't have any advice I'm afraid. If you don't want them there then I would say don't invite them, but for an easy life it might be easier just to invite them (and put the ball in their court over whether they come or not)

Ahh families are the worst when it comes to things like this!
I think it has to be up to you, do what you want and stick to it!

Who do you think will have something to say about it ?

Just thinking if you haven't spoke to them then surely they don't need to even know!

They know about the wedding because of when we booked it and when I gave out save the dates as one of them made nasty comments both times :wacko:

I've had my own share of family dramas but they do seem to be all working out now. I don't think it is the end of it though. Already been brought to tears.

I read somewhere someones advice that you have two options
1. make everyone happy
or
2. do what makes you happy and don't worry about what others say or think

You are in a sticky situation.
In saying this obviously its an emotional time for all of you and those chatty comments that you mention can sometimes be forgiven.
Is there any possiblity it was a comment of concern not her being nasty?

They were comments of nastiness as she had a look of disgust on her face when she said

"you're getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you?"
"why don't you buy them from argos for £20 like normal people do?" when I mentioned we were going to be looking in Turkey for our wedding rings
"that's two years away, will it take that long to tell them?" when I said I didn't want anything going on facebook until Chris' parents had been told :wacko:

Oh hun, she sounds really catty and pretty thoughtless :hugs: I know it's really easy to focus on not wanting her there but on your wedding day you'll be surrounded by all of the guests you really want to be sharing your day with, and they'll totally drown her out. Big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->